+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The girl I love says she only sees me as a friend?

The girl I love says she only sees me as a friend?

I met her 2 years ago, but only fell for her last summer, and I so dearly love her. I knew she has never liked me back, but I just can't get rid of my feelings. But 5 months ago I still told her about how I feel about her so I could just get it off my chest, and she was very flattered, we agreed to stay good friends. I brought it up again this week, telling her how I still feel, and she made it very clear, that she only sees me as a friend, and she asked me not to bring it up again. She said she still cares about me as a friend.

Please don't just say 'just get over her, and move on', this is impossible no matter how hard I try, and there is no other girl I am interested in.

Do I have any chance of her ever changing her mind about me, or am I forever stuck in the 'friend-zone'? Do girls ever change their minds about a friend? How can I get rid of my feelings?

Please help, I am feeling so miserable, depressed and hurt right now, and I have never felt this way about someone. I have even cried over her, because my feelings are extremely strong, and I dread if/when she falls in love with another guy.

I'm sorry for your hurt feelings, I know what it's like to fall for a "best friend" and not be reciprocated (I'm a girl btw). But the truth is, there is nothing you can do: she doesn't feel the same way about you. She sees you as just a friend, she has been VERY clear about it, so now the only thing you should do is to stop hanging out with her until you get over her.

You can't be friends with a person you have feelings for, if those feelings are not reciprocated. It would only hurt the both of you.

Tell her that you're sorry but you think it's best if you don't hang out anymore, not even as "friends", because you need time to heal and move on. If she's mature and cares for you, she'll understand.

Don't worry, jericho, these feelings will pass. You will be even stronger once you get through this :-).

How do you met her? Do you work together? Because you shouldnt naturally feel so strong about girl if she friendzoned you so long time ago. Unless you keep seeing her or contacting her.

Theres too little girls in your life. It was almost a year you should forget her. Now look what you done for her and maybe you will understand why you dont like other girls - because you didnt emotionaly invest in them.

This will help you understand better why you so atracted to her and make it easier to forget.
    youtube.com/watch?v=KriZHsiiYPg

There is no way she can change her mind as long as you are needy. Only way if she contact you(which is less likely) Anyway If you get a girlfriend she might see that you are actualy quite desirable guy and change her mind about you. Anyway you will have a GF and you wont need her anyway. She dont need you when you alone and she wont deserve you when you will be ok without her. Thats one of the reasons shes so desirable for you - because she dont need you.

Keep your eyes open, be aware of your surroundings and soon you will see beautiful girls that catch your interest.

Smile because you deserve to !
    Last edited by pcmaster; 20-04-13 at 09:12 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Firstly, Don't approach her again with the "US" card. You have to pocket it for now.
    You have to face the fact that there is a chance you could be "zoned" in this, and pushing is just a faster way to get there.

Give her some space. Respect her wishes even if... and this hurts... even if she ends up with someone else. To truly love someone, you have to sometimes let them go and still support them as a friend if you choose to stay friends.

Be respectful, not spiteful and give her breathing room. It may take some time, but flooding her with your presence right now is part of inching towards friend zone. Limit your conversations, presence down to a level lower than what you have had in the past. Let her know you care but also let her know you are respecting her.

This is why, it could increase your chances of her seeing you in the light of someone who really cared when she needs it after a failed relationship or two... But also to, with some stern warning, don't allow her to get into a state where her leaning on you becomes "using" you. It's not often intended, but it can end up that way. You just need to be prudent, be strong, and respect yourself as well.

Don't limit yourself for her. Date others. See other people... This will help with time.

Best of luck.

Girls just love attention especially when they get it for free. You are letting her milk this and it needs to stop. When you let them milk it from you for free, you look like a pussy in their eyes, and not a man. You can't possibly get a girl this way, you have to make them earn your attention. What to do? Cut her off. Get more interested with other girls, show her that you are flirting with them, and are getting attention from them....doing this increases your man value and lowers your pussiness. When you increase your value, you make yourself more desirable. Keep doing this and one of two things will happen...she will be interested or you will find someone else.

You sound you lack real confidence with girls, and try the pussy way of doing it by hanging around with them too long without making a move. I hate to say this but your chances are narrow to zero, so here is some future advice. The proper way to getting the girl is to NOT EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS! This f ucks everything up. If you like a girl, you ask her out on a date, and act cool and aloof....make her wonder what is your deal and seem mysterious. It will intrigue her interest. Tip: the more untouchable you are, the more desirable you become because you a challenge, and girls get turned on by a guy that doesn't give in too easily.....better known to guys like you, a jerk or asshole. If they give you some flirt, then you reward with a little bit of attention, then pull back. This is the push and pull method. You will be surprised at the results if you put this into practice.

Stop wishing and hoping and praying and get on with your life without her in it. It's really dumb (IMO) for boys who have crushes on girls to keep them around as friends and same thing goes for girls who have crushes on boyz that don't want them so they cling in the demoted state of you'll do until I get a real gf/bf also known as my bestest opposite sex friend. pfffft.

When are you kids going to get it? If he/she doesn't want you around in a romantic sense then don't be taken the demoted role of emotional filler until I'm hooked up nicely with a bf/gf, thank you very much. 99/100 times the new partner of your friend will not like you hanging one-on-one like you once did and the other 1 won't mind because he or she's just as emotionally addicted to her crush/opposite sex friend as well. (stats based on reading forums only lolz)

Bottomline: If she's not doing you, you're her male girlfriend.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion