+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fiance and i broke up, kids involved(not mine)

Fiance and i broke up, kids involved(not mine)

My fiance and I broke up under mutual terms. The problem is we disagree on what to do with the kids. There is a 1.5,3,and 4 year old involved. Our relationship got to the point where they would call me dad and we love each other very much.
    She thinks I should still see them now and then and still be around them, and kinda ween them off me. I told her I thought it would be best if I just stopped completely to cut the attachment as soon as possible, so not to drag it out.
    What should I do? How can I convince her of my decision if that's the right choice?

No need to convince her bro, just change all your contact info. How the **** did you get involved with a broad with so many young children? Run as fast as you can, and when you get tried, get on the bus.

Lol so what your saying is get all my stuff and she gets hers. Then just ditch?

Yeah bro, she'll meet someone else and then it will be awkward as **** if you keep going to see the kids. They are still young enough to forget you, and treat the next bro like a father. Sounds like you've had a lucky escape.

That was my outlook on it, other than the disappearing act(changing contact number etc), but regardless that is probably the best thing to do I appreciate the advice.

I agree that you don't need to convince her. Your decision is right for you and all you need to do is stick to it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Do what is right for you, not for her.

No need to convince her. If you continue to see the children, you will never leave. There will always be a reason, according to her, why you should come around. Those are not your children, run!