+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he still interested, unsure,not interested or stringing me along? I'm confused!

Is he still interested, unsure,not interested or stringing me along? I'm confused!

I met this guy who was always super awkward/nervous around me, but he finally got my number. He started texting me, and would text me every day after class for about 2 weeks. He asked me out, and the date went great and texting continued. However, my ex (who I broke up with about 3 months before, a 6yr relationship) came back into the picture, wanting to get back together.

I told the new guy about this because I wanted to be honest (terrible call), and just told him I didn't want my ex, but that things were kind of a mess. He told me he didn't want to be involved, and stopped texting/calling, which I understood. When I talked to him about it again, he repeated the same thing. But then he invited me out with him and his friend, and acted distant the whole time. When I confronted him about it, he said he felt I had a wall up bc of my ex, and that he wasn't looking for anything, and that apparently he had invited me out as a friend only? I know he SAID he wasn't looking for anything, but that's a little confusing itself, because he was so persistent about texting me daily for hours a day, previous to the ex incident.

Then, he invited the class to his talent show and I went. He flirted the whole time, telling me I looked great, and he was glad I wasn't like other "generic girls." However, he still doesn't call or text anymore. I saw him flirting with another girl in class on facebook since then, but any time I see him on campus, he glances at me. When I see him in the cafeteria, no matter where he sits, he's constantly craning his neck and looking back at me, and it's pretty obvious at times. I'm really confused and not sure what to do. I've been trying to ignore the situation and move on, but it's really hard when I constantly catch him staring at me, or when he approaches me to chat.

I'm not sure if he was just looking for a hook up and got scared off when I mentioned the ex, hates me, is giving me time, or is just a player. I really liked this guy, and want to know if there's any way to fix it or if there's anything I can do. Advice?

Anyone have any advice? Sorry, I know it's kind of a long/confusing post.

I think you should move on. I also think that there is part of you that finds rejection like a magnet. This guy doesn't seem like an up front dude. And this is so complicated it would take two to participate in figuring it out....YOU and HIM - and since there is no, HIM, to participate, focus on something more worthwhile. Ann
    Ann