+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to better health & appearance?

How to better health & appearance?

I'm 15 (turning 16 in a few days). I have light skin, blue-gray eyes, dark brown, thick, wavy hair that I have to fight to keep from getting frizzy. I tend to get light acne on my lower cheeks and upper arms, though it's not usually bad at all, and although I am by no means overweight I think I could use a little more muscle. LOL well, I know I could use a little more muscle. OK, maybe a lot...lol.
    I know I need energy and health for my school life. Some of you will know what I am preparing for, two years down the road But also, I find myself falling asleep in math and computer class only. Neither are boring subjects to a geeky nerd like myself, but... it's the same teacher. The moment she comes in, I cannot keep awake. My grades on partials plummeted from 10 to 5 because of this situation. I cannot allow this to happen again!
    ...How can I better my appearance and my health? I know the usuals, and I'm doing most of it: sleep 8 hours a day, drink 8 8-ounce glasses of water a day, don't eat much junk food, don't drink soft drinks, don't smoke (I never have), don't drink alcohol (I never have), eat lots of vegetables and fruits, exfoliate the skin, exercise, use body cream, that sort of thing.
    I am not unhappy with my appearance, on the whole, but I do wish my face were a bit narrower, my ears a bit smaller, my eyes a bit bluer, my hair a bit less frizzy...and...oh, this is embarrassing...I wish my breast and butt would shrink. Seriously. I keep getting teased by my mom because of their size. Well, at least they're not showing any signs of becoming droopy and gross. Yet.
    I wake up at 5AM, do a 20-minute Pilates workout, exfoliate my skin by rubbing wet baking soda all over myself, take a quick, hot shower, rub body cream on myself, eat breakfast (usually scrambled eggs or a quesadilla) and get ready for school. I leave at 7AM and come back around 2 or 3PM. I do my chores, do my homework, then lie around listening to music or whatever until 12 or 1AM. (I need to stop doing that, I know!) I barely eat any junk food, and when I do I try to make sure it's healthy.
    I don't want to use makeup to improve my appearance. I want to look better because I am better. How can I improve myself in this respect? You see, you know, that there's a guy I'm interested in, and although I won't meet him for two years yet, if at all, I want to start looking better now. I'm not gonna cram in a million workouts a week before I finally get to meet him, will I?
    So how can I improve my looks? I will post a picture of myself later, when I have one that doesn't involve my teachers, who clearly don't want their likenesses on the Internet XD
    Thanks in advance!
    -Kiara.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

Hon, you've got an epic math fail in your description . You say you get 8 hours sleep. But if you're getting up at 5am for pilates and going to bed at 12 or 1am, that's only 4- 5 hours sleep. A girl your age needs far more sleep than that.

Other than the sleeping, you're doing just fine. And with all due respect, I suggest you not post a picture of yourself online. Or at the very least, ask your parents first. Heaven knows who's lurking behind these screens and complete anonymity is vitally important to your safety.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

i think you're too conscious with your looks. you can eat whatever is served just make sure you add fruits with your diet and then exercise. and when you finally get to meet him just wear you beautiful smile and you're good to go!

I agree with that you have to exfoliate skin and use cream.

Also eating clean unprocessed food like fruits and vegs is huge thing for health and looks.(at least 2 servings of vegs and 3 fruits to notice effect in a daily menu)

I would like to add even more to that:

Drink 4-8 liters of water a day EVERY DAY(minimum 5% of your body weight) such ridiculous ammounds will flush out all toxins that your body naturaly make and recieves. That will also make skin look SOOO much better, its like exfoliation from inside and its also good for inner organs. That will increase energy and better the state of your body from inside making you be and look less tired. Stay away from tab water its a poison.

Fruits and Vegs + running = Hottie !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Stay away from tab water its a poison.
    Tap water? Tap water quality varies between countries. If you're lucky enough to have good tap water, drink it instead of bottled water - reduce your carbon footprint.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post
    I tend to get light acne on my lower cheeks and upper arms, though it's not usually bad at all, and although I am by no means overweight I think I could use a little more muscle. LOL well, I know I could
    Best way to fight acne is to increase water intake and sweating you do. Sweat will push out the dirt inside the skin openings. While its light acne you still can make your skin perfect. Ofcourse daily shower, sun and fresh air is a must.

If you want more muscle then make sure you eat clean meat every day(chicken turkey breasts, steak like meat fish[by the way fish oil is great for skin health, looks etc]) avoid chicked with skin and fat or processed meat(macdonalds) cause theres lot of choresterol there and it tends to build up on lower cheeks making small hard lumbs. Oats and pasta is the best source of carbs if you want to add muscle(they very slow acting - feeds your body for long time and dense with calories unlike rice) Carbohydrates are as importand as protein for muscle growth.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Tap water? Tap water quality varies between countries. If you're lucky enough to have good tap water, drink it instead of bottled water - reduce your carbon footprint.
    The worst bottled watter will be better than best tab water. I been traveling and its the same shit everwhere. Diference is huge when you increase the ammount of water you drink. I noticed my skin is much dryer with tab water and even emotions change. You wont find any serious athlete drinking tab water as a choice. Its always spring water or mineral water or at least distilled water.

The benefit of distilled water is that it transports the inorganic minerals out of the body. The cells and tissues of the body reject these inorganic minerals, which add to the purification of the body.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 23-04-13 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    The worst bottled watter will be better than best tab water. I been traveling and its the same shit everwhere. Diference is huge when you increase the ammount of water you drink. I noticed my skin is much dryer with tab water and even emotions change. You wont find any serious athlete drinking tab water as a choice. Its always spring water or mineral water or at least distilled water.

The benefit of distilled water is that it transports the inorganic minerals out of the body. The cells and tissues of the body reject these inorganic minerals, which add to the purification of the body.
    Is the carbon footprint worth it?

http://www.abc.net.au/environment/articles/2011/07/04/3260626.htm

I read the comments and this is why I hate tab water

Educated people like to drink their water clean and pure as nature intended. For as long as our state governments insist on adding fluoride (a highly toxic industrial by-product) and are not capable to fully remove chlorine residues (easy with the right technology) I will drink not only bottled water, but preferably IMPORTED bottled water (and beer!) from Europe where such practice is simply illegal (for obvious reasons - check the facts). I have wondered for years why 'professional greenies' have never made even one little timid sound about the huge toxic build-up of fluoride all around Australia, e.g. everywhere gardens and parks are being watered, with tons of it going out to our waterways, including the Barrier Reef. For that reason I have stopped supporting all so-called green organizations and deem them to be simply loud-mouthed hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hon, you've got an epic math fail in your description . You say you get 8 hours sleep. But if you're getting up at 5am for pilates and going to bed at 12 or 1am, that's only 4- 5 hours sleep. A girl your age needs far more sleep than that.

Other than the sleeping, you're doing just fine. And with all due respect, I suggest you not post a picture of yourself online. Or at the very least, ask your parents first. Heaven knows who's lurking behind these screens and complete anonymity is vitally important to your safety.
    LOL I didn't say that I get 8 hours sleep. I put it in red to imply that I don't. XD
    Thanks to everyone! I stuff myself with 4 16-ounce water glasses a day. Is that enough?
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 24-04-13 at 12:10 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kiara View Post

LOL I didn't say that I get 8 hours sleep. I put it in red to imply that I don't. XD
    Thanks to everyone! I stuff myself with 4 16-ounce water glasses a day. Is that enough?
    It's probably more than enough, individual needs vary. You only need to drink enough to keep your urine the color of straw.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/12/08/the-myth-behind-drinking-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Agree urine always have to be colorless. If its yellow you always can drink more. Anyway aim for 8 hours a sleep. It will do wonders for yor looks. Not just sleeping burns bodyfat but to completly recover nerves you need at least 10 hours a sleep. 4-5 hours will leave you look burn out(not beautiful) in long term. 8 hours is absolutly enought for muscles to recover. Once I did sleep like 4 hours too but problem was I worked 3-4 times more than I slept. After few months it killed me.

AT your age the thing you have to take care of is to handle the problem of acne. You should always keep acne lotion in your make up kit so that whenever one pops up you can use it and avoid feeling shy of your looks.