+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have A Broken Heart And Want Her Back... Confused!

Have A Broken Heart And Want Her Back... Confused!

Thanks to whoever responds, I'm new at this forum, but I don't know what to do really but just tell some people of whats going on with my Ex Girlfriend and I. We have been dating for 5 months and were utterly in love with each other. We hit it off right away and knew that we were happy together and loved each other. Well one week ago my girlfriend tells me she needs some space. That we have been arguing a lot lately and not massive arguments just disagreements about work (Yes we work together.... Hard I know) We constantly have to make decesions together about work, and that she is just stressed out about things and that she has been treating me badly and it makes her sad and etc.. So I give her her space we still texted usually she texted me first during the last week and saw each other at work. Well we got into an argument about her ex boyfriend showing up to a work affair on Saturday. Her ex boyfriend wants to get back with her and it got me worried that she invited him or what to make me jealous. Well if that was the case she got exactly what she wanted and I got mad and totally ignored her and just walked right by her without saying anything. This got us into our argument that night and we didn't talk after it till Sunday afternoon where she texted me and then when I replied she never responded. Yesterday morning she said we need to talk about thinks and that she is sorry that she has been distant. She tells me that I always have something to say for whatever she does and that is was overbearing for her. She also said that I remind her of her ex husband and he would do the same thing. She said that she is older than me (28) and that her divorce was so bad that she never wants to go through anything like that ever again. She says that little things are starting to bother her and me reminding her of her Ex husband causes some uncertainties down the road and at this point in life she needs to be certain that the guy she is dating can be the one. She says she still has feelings for me and those have not changed at all but doesn't know what to do. Well I said I don't want to break up but I cant change the way you feel or make you do something you do not want too. I think what we had was the best thing that ever happend to me but I respect you and your decesion of breaking up. So we broke up. Today though she texted me even though she was going to see me in 2 hours just Hey, weather is awful. I dont know what to make of this and if there is a chance still. Should I ignore her? She says she needs space then why is she still texting me? I know ignoring texts and calls is what alot of people told me but I am going to have to see her every day. Just really confused on what to do to win her back because I love her dearly.

Sorry for being long just a lot on my mind and no idea what to do to win her back.

I think her needing space is for you to leave her alone until SHE wants to talk or see YOU. In otherwords, you'll be together when she deems it. If you're up for that then go see her. If you're not then tell her you thinks she's right and that you're really not compatible enough for the long haul and then do the mental work you need to do to get over her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion