+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She has conflicting feelings after first date and therefore bails out, help?

She has conflicting feelings after first date and therefore bails out, help?

There's a girl I see at school daily which I've gone on a first date with, the date itself was really awesome and she thinks so too. But afterwards, she was sorting out her feelings because she didn't know what she was feeling (mutual friends told me so). It was our first time hanging out together anyway. I came off too strong because I didn't know she was hesitating and then she flaked and told me she didn't have any feelings for me (which wasn't entirely true). She didn't tell me about the conflicting feelings, I got that from a few friends. I then told her it was okay and I wasn't angry (but of course it's not okay, I really like her).

I know as a fact that: she liked the date a lot, she likes me a lot, and she didn't know what to feel and I probably went to fast thinking we were a couple. It would've probably turned out more than okay if we hadn't panicked and discuss our feelings too early. On a positive note though, I invited her to walk with me and talk about her feelings and she agreed! It should mean something right? Even though we didn't really talk about continuing but rather about our current feelings and some other general chat. I should've been more torough and to the point.

How can I propose a second date in this particular situation? Right now we're in an "all is well and its okay" situation and we kept respecting and friendly towards eachother during the whole ordeal. I just don't want to throw away all we have because our first date was great and I think we need to date more often before she can truly express her feelings. I also don't want to bother her too much because we already talked about it once even though I utterly forgot to literally ask her for a second chance. The magic definitely was there during our first date, we just had trouble later that week I think primarily because it was a very first, first date (in a lifetime) for both of us and I'd love to solve it and continue but I definitely need advice.

I think she's currently thinking something along the lines of: I sort of like him, I'm not sure, I know he likes me a lot but I don't want to give him false hope.
    Last edited by Penguino; 24-04-13 at 04:01 AM.

Really!? A young girl who cant decide what she wants and has difficulty dealing with her emotions? I dont believe it! So rare!

Give her a 3 weeks with no contact and ask her out again see what happens

Why waste time with it? It was only one date... move on.

you are right in thinking just ask her for second date and ask her directly what she feels about you so that after listening from her side you have to move or go for a third date again...