+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend sees me like a mother

Boyfriend sees me like a mother

So I was asking my boyfriend what he would like me to get for his graduation and he said he is fine with whatever I'm giving him. And I asked what am I giving you ? He then replied "care and affection like a mother" and then I asked so do you see me as a mother? And he said that in a way yes. I asked him what way and he said cause I'm very caring. Before he had told me that only his mother cooked and knew little details about what he likes an now I do too. Is that a good thing ?

Yes thats a good thing. Sometimes girlfriend can be even more caring than mother and thats awesome. Unless its very early stage of relationship and you dont know the girl yet.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 24-04-13 at 05:47 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Yes thats a good thing. Sometimes girlfriend can be even more caring than mother and thats awesome. Unless its very early stage of relationship and you dont know the girl yet.
    God! You are a fucccking idiot

Haha this thread is hilarious. You should take it as a compliment. Dont read so much into everything he says.

As long as you don't act like his mother (making sure he remembers to get out of bed to get to appointments etc) then it's fine.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Lolol you guys are too funny. No i just make sure he stays in bed when im with him

Doo, doo-doo, doo, doo-doo, doo, doo-doo.... Duh, duh-duh, duh, duh-duh, duh..... And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson! Jesus, loves you more than you will know.... Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stand up, tall, Mrs. Robinson! Heaven knows a place for those who pray... Hey, hey, hey! Hey, hey, hey... lmao

(Sorry, that's really all I was thinking as I read your post. xP)

In all seriousness, though, I would say that it's a tad awkward, but I agree with Michelle. Don't read too much into it. I'm sure he meant it in a good way. hahaha

Pfffsstt!! If I told my wife I look at her as somewhat of a motherly figure in my life, I'd be served with divorce papers that day probably. To each their own I guess

It doesn't sound appealing at all.

its good if he sees you as mother as you treated him in a good caring way which keeps on good relationship among both of you.Also i think that he cares you very much ..so its a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    God! You are a fucccking idiot
    --the **** are you talking about?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    --the **** are you talking about?
    Read the thread and you will find out

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Read the thread and you will find out
    Wow. You follow up your first baffling post with another. Congratulations on making no sense.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by davonr View Post
    its good if he sees you as mother as you treated him in a good caring way which keeps on good relationship among both of you.Also i think that he cares you very much ..so its a good thing
    I guess it depends on how needy the guy is. He couldn't come any better then that? Not better as in, better then mother but I don't see it how your mom see it because we are not related so yes I will care for you but I dont want to be any mans second mother or compared in that way. He could've said she carry them same qualities so he know she the best kind of woman for him but the way the OP said he said it wasn't appealing.

Kat, I wouldn't read into it. I think he just means he feels very loved and no one has made him feel this cared for/loved other than his mother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast