+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean when a girl "repects your opinion"?

What does it mean when a girl "repects your opinion"?

I have a small situation with a girl; in short, I fell for her after knowing her for a while, she had a boyfriend, I expressed my feelings and she returned them to some degree. She broke up with him, spent the night the day after (Rebound, I know. And no, no sex, just sleeping together), and she has since gone back to the boyfriend. She and I had a long talk the other night, and I basically told her I needed to move on and that I needed to treat her more like an acquaintance than a friend to do so. Anyway, she's said more than once that she values my opinion on everything, especially her, to the point where she comes into work without needing to (I work with her) in her casual clothes in hopes that I would see her. We've decided that not talking is the best solution, she doesn't want anything less than a friend, but I want more than that. We've done this before time and time again, no talking, back to talking without the awkwardness, as if nothing happened. The same reasoning comes up from her "I value your opinion too much", and she herself doesn't know why. What does that mean? I've never had anyone say that to me. It kinda sounds bad though, doesn't it? Hell, what do I know? I'm a dude. Help ladies?

It means she trust your opinion and she is somehow believe you and a strong positives sites form her bottom of mind working for you.

I can understand that, but to the point to where she and I come back time and time again to each other? Even after she understands what I want and I understand (for the most part) what she wants and doesn't want? I dunno, can it really be that simple of an answer?

That means she respects you. Womens tend to respect man who dont sleep with them using moment of the weakness. She may respect you like a older brother or gay friend. Like someone who cares about her and talks with her from the heart. Basicaly forget about her cause she made her choice and back with BF now but your feelings are too strong to be just friends and you are third wheel anyway. Might aswell dont lose time and find a single girl who wont use you as rebound.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    That means she respects you. Womens tend to respect man who dont sleep with them using moment of the weakness. She may respect you like a older brother or gay friend. Like someone who cares about her and talks with her from the heart. Basicaly forget about her cause she made her choice and back with BF now but your feelings are too strong to be just friends and you are third wheel anyway. Might aswell dont lose time and find a single girl who wont use you as rebound.
    Well that's definitely not good news at all.