+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gotten a girls number, now what?

Gotten a girls number, now what?

Recently I've been going out with work mates every now and then and going to bars and clubs, and on some nights i've had the luck of getting the odd phone number or two - now actually talking and getting the phone number is no issue at all, but when I send the initial first text they hardly reply after the initial four or five texts or not at all.

Say if I met the girl on a friday night & got her number, I would usually text her the next day, about late afternoon/early evening.

Would you say that perhaps I was texting them too early? Maybe leave it a couple of days?

I would send something like 'Hey this is blah from *insert name of place*, hope you had a good night! x ' to get the conversation going.

Since I've started doing this no girl has really text me back - is there something I'm doing wrong? I would say there was a problem with me talking to girls but obviously if I'm getting their number then it rules it out.

Any advice?

Text the same night man. While she still remembers you. Girls remember emotions better and tomorow emotions will be diferent.

Always use their name in text so deep inside they know you are talking to them. Also make your intention clear. Make sure they know why are you texting, dont waste time if you asking them out. That should be done in these 4-5 texts already. Basicaly phone is just a bridge to meet her in real life.

If you in a bar or a club then its basicaly a date already. Number is just to dont get her lost.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 25-04-13 at 05:33 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

are you just asking some drunk girl for her number or are you actually chatting to her for awhile first before you ask? you need to try and make an impression so shes looking forward to your text. and i would say text her the following night and just ask her out. say something like "hey had a great time last night, wana meet up monday night-we could go for dinner or a drink or coffee. whatever. dont say all 3, just pick one and sign your name to the end of the text.

dont say hey this is -- ftom last night-she should remember