+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in real love?

I'll be honest and admit that I've seriously considered a number of times that real love is not out there. I mean, how many times do we read classic novels like The Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights where the love doesn't end up lasting and listen to breakup songs on the radio? It seems a bit far-fetched, doesn't it? But, in all honesty, for every time that I considered it's not out there, I knew in my heart that it is. What gives me hope is not the celebrities or the works of fiction but the elderly couples still holding hands at bingo and the stories on the news about men dying to protect the women they loved. In the end, that is what you must remember- that it is out there. Everyone is interacting with one another, and it's bringing you closer and closer to the one you love. All you have to do is believe. You never know what will happen.

In my case, I'm sure that the man I will spend the rest of my life is out walking this Earth right now. I don't know his name, but I know that when it happens, it will be right. Remind yourself of that as well- that she's out there and that it will be right for you when it happens. Just keep hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolito View Post
    Why you people here in this forum are cursing and insulting other members for no reason, this ****en ass called me dickhead and i do not know why?

Respect other people in order to respect yourself asshole.
    No, he didn't call you dickhead. He called the character in the play Romeo and Juliet a dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I'll be honest and admit that I've seriously considered a number of times that real love is not out there. I mean, how many times do we read classic novels like The Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights where the love doesn't end up lasting and listen to breakup songs on the radio? It seems a bit far-fetched, doesn't it? But, in all honesty, for every time that I considered it's not out there, I knew in my heart that it is. What gives me hope is not the celebrities or the works of fiction but the elderly couples still holding hands at bingo and the stories on the news about men dying to protect the women they loved. In the end, that is what you must remember- that it is out there. Everyone is interacting with one another, and it's bringing you closer and closer to the one you love. All you have to do is believe. You never know what will happen.

In my case, I'm sure that the man I will spend the rest of my life is out walking this Earth right now. I don't know his name, but I know that when it happens, it will be right. Remind yourself of that as well- that she's out there and that it will be right for you when it happens. Just keep hope.
    Thanks for you nice reply, yes i hope to find the girl I wish to find and give me as much hapiness as i had with my previous fiance, the problem that i do not think i will love her as i loved my fiance, that kills me, and i hope that she will be loyal to me stands beside me not as that girl did.

When i was with her I thought that I will live all the rest of my life in hapiness, did never expect that I will face these terrible days and because of the girl I loved the most, I hope that better days are coming ahead and not brining anymore shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No, he didn't call you dickhead. He called the character in the play Romeo and Juliet a dickhead.
    I am so sorry IF he means the character Romeo.

I am so sorry IF he means the character Romeo.
    Seems pretty clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Sometimes people are so stupid that even strongest love is killed. Give LR real love and he gona end up like that dickhead Romeo.
    He says "Give LR" (a forum member) "real love and he's going to end up like that dickhead Romeo."

It wasn't aimed at you at all.

Seems pretty clear to me.

He says "Give LR" (a forum member) "real love and he's going to end up like that dickhead Romeo."

It wasn't aimed at you at all.
    I so sorry, really sorry for this misunderstanding. Apologize.

Have you tried to get a date in the last 8 years?
    Well, yeah, I've tried with a decent number of girls over the years. Although, there were only two I REALLY wanted to go out with, the rest I wasn't particularly into one way or another.

what did you expect to happen when you dumped her? seriousy? if someone dumped me i wouldnt be going back no matter how much he begged or pleaded..

anyway sounds like shes close to her family and still needs their support or approval. you have to make an effort with your partners loved ones even if you think they are interfering bastards. causing stress in her life where bf vs parents is really not good and normally ends in tears. she shouldnt be running to them oveer every minor issue though but some people never really leave the nest so you either deal with it and smile and make her parents tea and make an effort or you lose her.. blood will out unless they are a complete nightmare and hate you for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    what did you expect to happen when you dumped her? seriousy? if someone dumped me i wouldnt be going back no matter how much he begged or pleaded..

anyway sounds like shes close to her family and still needs their support or approval. you have to make an effort with your partners loved ones even if you think they are interfering bastards. causing stress in her life where bf vs parents is really not good and normally ends in tears. she shouldnt be running to them oveer every minor issue though but some people never really leave the nest so you either deal with it and smile and make her parents tea and make an effort or you lose her.. blood will out unless they are a complete nightmare and hate you for no reason.
    Yes I dumped her, but what she did what not acceptable either, she knows that I love her so much, even before the breakup when I was trying to setlle the problem and I texted her tens of messages and she was not replying, next day she did not even call me, she texted me a meesage "my mobile is now on, if you want to call me, do it"

The story is long and contains many details that I cannot mention here because it will take pages, but briefly she and her parents insulted me and lowered me, and dumping her was my reply to this, we were just engaged and they did that, what about if we have got married.

Thanks for you nice reply, yes i hope to find the girl I wish to find and give me as much hapiness as i had with my previous fiance, the problem that i do not think i will love her as i loved my fiance, that kills me, and i hope that she will be loyal to me stands beside me not as that girl did.

When i was with her I thought that I will live all the rest of my life in hapiness, did never expect that I will face these terrible days and because of the girl I loved the most, I hope that better days are coming ahead and not brining anymore shit.
    Ah, this is a fear that I can relate to. I know I'm young, but there are two men in my life that I've ever loved. The first is a man that I tried to convince myself for years never existed in the first place. While we were never together, I found myself affected by him in a way that actually made me want to be a better person and get over the issues that have plagued me for years. He wasn't trying to change me- I say that so you understand that this was all me, that it inspired me. For a long while, I actually seemed to be improving. My voice became louder; I stopped apologizing all the time. But, in the end, we said goodbye. I was so hurt that I spent three months straight in a depressive crying slump that I hid from everyone. And I felt like I would never be whole again- like I'd never love someone to the point of wanting to give them whatever you can personality-wise. But I was wrong.

I met and maintained a three year long friendship with a special guy. I use the past tense because I'm not entirely sure that he still considers me his friend given what happened. But, anyway, I started to develop feelings for him, and it turned out that he felt the same way. While my friends teased me about it, I gradually started to become more and more attached. In the end, my friend Jeff finally recognized it, and I even saw it for myself. Even though I had spent so long denying it and thinking it was impossible for me to love someone in the same way like that, I found I loved my friend in the exact same way. And here I was the guy who spent years before that down in the dumps over it.

My point is that it's possible. Even when you can't believe it or won't, it is possible. You're going to have some days that hit you like a hurricane. But in the end, you'll pick up the bits and piece yourself back together again. And then you'll find her. Just keep hope. :S That's all you really can do.

No there is no such thing as love. I believe love is completely fake.

People who believe in love simply do not understand the mechanics of male-female attraction and unfortunately male-female intimate relationships are completely mechanical in nature. Intimate relationships are caused by mechanics, not love.

Love is probably just a made-up concept invented by bronze age sheepherders in order to keep us in check (not having sex with too many women) and to make up pay for having babies.
    Last edited by uri; 29-04-13 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Ah, this is a fear that I can relate to. I know I'm young, but there are two men in my life that I've ever loved. The first is a man that I tried to convince myself for years never existed in the first place. While we were never together, I found myself affected by him in a way that actually made me want to be a better person and get over the issues that have plagued me for years. He wasn't trying to change me- I say that so you understand that this was all me, that it inspired me. For a long while, I actually seemed to be improving. My voice became louder; I stopped apologizing all the time. But, in the end, we said goodbye. I was so hurt that I spent three months straight in a depressive crying slump that I hid from everyone. And I felt like I would never be whole again- like I'd never love someone to the point of wanting to give them whatever you can personality-wise. But I was wrong.

I met and maintained a three year long friendship with a special guy. I use the past tense because I'm not entirely sure that he still considers me his friend given what happened. But, anyway, I started to develop feelings for him, and it turned out that he felt the same way. While my friends teased me about it, I gradually started to become more and more attached. In the end, my friend Jeff finally recognized it, and I even saw it for myself. Even though I had spent so long denying it and thinking it was impossible for me to love someone in the same way like that, I found I loved my friend in the exact same way. And here I was the guy who spent years before that down in the dumps over it.

My point is that it's possible. Even when you can't believe it or won't, it is possible. You're going to have some days that hit you like a hurricane. But in the end, you'll pick up the bits and piece yourself back together again. And then you'll find her. Just keep hope. :S That's all you really can do.
    The only thing is killing me now, that I heard that she is about to get married, everytime I imagine her with her groom in the wedding dress I feel like thousands of knives are stabbing me all around my body, that is too painful really for a human to get over, I was working for her, studying for her, making money for her, now i feel like my life has no value.

May be the only real love is between parents and their kids, otherwise I do not see anything around me that prove existing of love in this world, cheating, up use, disloyalty, ungrateful, looking for benefits, selfishness.....etc
    People today are like zombies.

Also there is also too much social determinism which controls and runs our lives:

Get a job > Go to work > Get married > Have children > Follow fashion > Get benefits > Act normal > Walk on the pavement > Watch TV > Obey the laws > Save for you old age > Now just die.

This is not a healthy system because it is turning us into emotionless machines. This is a corrupt and mechanical system and people have become more like robotic zombies than real human beings with feelings, compassion, individuality, uniqueness and understanding.

It's like people pretend they are free but in reality they are all slaves to a corrupt social system.

There are people in Africa and the Middle East who are starving to death or dying from curable diseases because they just don't have the money to buy enough food to eat and they also don't have enough money to pay for expensive health care.

Yet American billionaires like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet seat on their super-rich asses and do nothing and just let these poor people starve to death and to die from curable diseases.

This is not love. This is sickness, this is corruption.

Last edited by uri; 29-04-13 at 02:59 AM.

Check your facts before you run your mouth, Urine.

Bill Gates donates billions to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Give LR real love and he gona end up like that dickhead Romeo.
    ....*nods in agreement*
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast