+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PCmaster's Guide to posting

PCmaster's Guide to posting

So it's been a while since I'm giving advice on this forum and decided to share my wisdom to spread some light over darkness.
    These are my personal rules that helps me increase quality of posts when I want it.

Here is what I learned over thousand posts.

1) Quality over quantity. Post only in topics you are interested in and wanna help.
    1. Read topic very carefully, understand it.
    2. Wait for a moment, let it soak in and imagine yourself and your feelings in that situation
    3. Write thinking about yourself inside the situation how you could help you make it better.
    4. Read carefully what you have written - understand it. It will cut spelling mistakes too.

2) Don't post in the dark If you don't really understand topic or don't have experience in similar situation then better stay away. Just let someone competent to answer it.
    3) Feel free to ask questions if it feels like important or interesting information is missing. OP will feel only flattered for your interest.
    4) Everyone have their own opinion People here is coming from all over the world and from all walks of life. Even cultures and religion beliefs differ. There is young and old guys. Experienced and nobles ones. Understand that and accept the differences. Forum benefits from all of us cause together we make a rainbow giving multi angled views on topics and spreading the light all around the object. Even if you are hight rated poster with 20-30% of your posts thanked, there's still less than 1% chance that your post will actually change someones life for better. People are mostly coming here for independent opinion and see what others is thinking about their stories. Some just want be understood or feel better, get some pat on the back or a bit of pep talk. It's generaly a love forum.
    5) Take a break when you don't feel passionate about posting or are in bad mood. Trolling will get you nowhere. Strong people don't put others down ; they lift them up'

Advice for topic creators

1) Write a general story preferably with some detailed examples and mentioning your partner as much as yourself. One sided story will have one-sided responses.
    2) Dont skip important stuff Now if you write your love story and don't mention that your GF have a husband than advice given to you will be mostly useless. Facts like marriage, kids, virginity, untraditional orientation, extreme culture or religious differences,your partner is 20 years older MATTERS.
    3) Keep it real Dont try to impress everyone or hide your pain or shame. We are mostly friendly here and as more simple, and open-minded, truthful your story will be as better we will be able to help ya. As more useful our advice will be.
    4) Forum is mostly for fun it's not professional help or anything like that. Opinions, random advice, trolling, yes. Counselling, therapies - don't hope for it. You have to look for it in life or other webpages.

Special thanks to grammarbase.com/check/
    f0r reducing mizdakes dun on thad pozt lol
    Last edited by pcmaster; 28-04-13 at 05:06 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

well done, PC
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I used to write on a forum where people felt it was ok for them to put down other posters.
    As if not having made similar mistakes in life, but other kind of mistakes for sure, made them better people.
    As if going through similar problems long time before but not anymore made any difference.
    As if their lives, personalities and insecurities were nonexistent or so much better.

Some thought that if they disliked another regular poster it was ok to contradict his reply even if it was against common sense and the best interest of the original poster. While this is normal to happen most of the times, it was sometimes ridiculously obvious that they were only trying to irritate him, but this was more important to them than giving a detrimental advice to the original poster.

Other regular posters shared information about their relationships, partners, themselves only to find that this information was suddenly used in an intent to humiliate them by other regular posters when they least expected it.

Strong people don't put others down ; they lift them up' - Totally agree!

I am surprised you haven't received more positive comments for this great post

Thanks for your input, Paul ! I didnt expect that. Also I would like to add that people ussualy see mirror of themself in others.

Name:  Reflex.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  98.6 KB

You're welcome.

I agree that inevitably people project their own experiences and values when replying to a post and this can be either a positive or a negative influence.

There's always an interior guide in everyone's life and one can only hope that those asking for help will end up choosing the best intended, genuine and suitable advice for them.

Absolutly agree man there is interior guide in everyone's life but whether they find it in themself or accept it or hope that theres magic way to solve the problem. Some people seems hoping for othrts to do it for them, take the lazy way and hope for miracle.