+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are men capable of real love?

Loot those men do exist and they are right under your nose all this time....you know the ones that you plopped into the friends zone for putting you up on a pedestal, the ones that were eager to do everything for you, that were there to console you, that were all googly eyed and sappy in love with you. Those guys that you didn't feel attracted too because they were way too nice to you....

Loot77 - Have you ever heard of relationship contracts?? Go to Dr. Stephen Karpman's web page, Karpman'sdramatriangle and read about this. It helps so much when couples can discuss the distribution of community tasks. And you know the most hilarious thing that someone I know did? She went on strike! She didn't do his laundry, or cook, or grocery shop. And it got his attention, because he didn't realize all the many contributions she was making until they weren't done! And guess what? Things changed! Ann
    Ann

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Meanwhile back here in the 21st century you might find that women also go out to work. Apparently they are also allowed to do racy stuff like drive cars and fly aeroplanes.
    Tell me about 16 hour days...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

of course men are capable of true love and their are a lot of amazing men in this world. perhaps your looking in the wrong places? or maybe you ignore the early warning signs or red flags in the beginning and dont recognize when to run a mile until youve already wasted too much time.

i dont like the way you said "if men did this and that you wouldnt nag so much and youd have more sex" did you not realize by now that using sex as a weapon is one way to drive your partner away and what do you think nagging will achieve?

perhaps you need to find a better way to communicate and resolve conflict. nobody likes being nagged, criticized and rejected and its not very attractive. perhaps thats why he ignores all your needs because if things dont go your way all the time-you throw a strop and refuse to have sex for a month.

did you ever hear the expression "dont go to bed angry" you should resolve whatever argument your having asap and get over it.

of course if someone hurts you, lies to you, cheats on you etc-you should be strong enough to walk away the first time.

but yes there are lots of great men who tick all those boxes but they are the best and you need to be one of the best women to catch and keep him coz they do not settle for second best and why should they?

Personally I find this offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Loot77 View Post
    Are men capable of true love??
    I fear not with you, Loot.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I asked my hubbby FOUR times to PULEEEEEEZE install my new curtain rods so I could hang the new bedroom drapes I bought. Still no rods up.

So: I typed out a request to have my rods installed, put it in an envelope and mailed it to my husband addressed to him, and delivered through Canada Post. He got it on Monday and he put the rods up Tuesday without another word about it from me.

Winning
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

insstead of nagging my bf and threatening no sex-i normally give him a ton of praise. guess what? hes the perfect partner

anytime i am unhappy with something-i tell him how i feel, we talk about it calmly and then we normally kiss, cuddle, laugh etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Personally I find this offensive.
    I do as well.

FYI some women do exactly what you describe. When I am in a relationship I put my whole heart into it. I did too much for my exGF, cooked meals, did the laundry, did the shopping, etc. It was like 80% me and 20% her (if that). I even worked more hours then her and paid the vast majority of the bills since I have a career and her some crappy job that she got fired from b/c she was lazy.

Guess what she NEVER did the little things for me, and used sex as a weapon (had me on a ration it seemed). She never seemed thankful or to appreciate any of it. So after trying to work on our relationship and telling her how I felt MANY times, I left her. Best decision I ever made.

So yes there are good men out there, we do love with all our heart, and do the little things. Just like men can be assholes women can too. Lastly, don't use sex as a weapon as if you love someone why would you do that?
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 28-04-13 at 07:19 AM.

I just take matters into my own hands and do it myself. My dad taught me how to be handy around the house....who needs men anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I just take matters into my own hands and do it myself. My dad taught me how to be handy around the house....who needs men anyways?
    See this is a strong woman. You don't need a man. Wanting one that is a whole other story.

FYI men are capable of loving a woman and a child just as strongly as we love them and our children.
    i jst thought id point that out incasr your one of those wmomen who thinks you are more entitled to make all those decisions regarding the kids just coz you gave birth to them.

do you think men are aliens? your like the female version of LR who believes all women are bad. hes improving though slowly but surely. maybe you will too if you stick around here long enough and apologize to all the regular great guys on here for piling them all into one category.

as flacooln so nicely pointed out. some women can be just as bad as some men so bear that in mind in future

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    lol ^^^ that's great. I liked that he cooked the roast beef dinner while I painted that master bedroom. He can't make gravy though so I took over at that point.

Equal is as equal does.

The old man doesn't cook.....he goes and gets the beer.

lolzzz... whatever works, chickie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast