+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This guy confuses me.

This guy confuses me.

I have known this guy for a few years through his job and I have developed a crush. He and I have hung out a couple of times and the conversation never dies. He sometimes flakes out on me but always calls to let me know he wont make it. He seems genuinely happy to see me when we get together and when I just see him at work.
    I have no idea if he sees me as anything more than just a friend and I don't know how to find out without possibly making him feel awkward that I have a crush on him. I really like him so I don't want to make him feel weird around me.

How well do you know him? Have you been to his home? Met any of his family? Exchanged home telephone numbers? Hung out with him and his friends?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If he talks to you for hours, almost certain he likes you as more than a friend.

if he wants to spend a lot of time with you outside of work and generally makes a big effort than ya he likes you

If your even halfway attractive and he is spending time with you he likes you. I don't think women should be worried about telling a guy they like them. As IMHO we will be flattered and even if we don't feel the same, no harm no foul. I would have no problem going back to being just friends.

I don't think the point is whether or not he likes you. Its obvious that if he's spending time with her that he "likes" her the question is at what capacity? Married FB? Possible Boyfriend? Unmarried FB? Platonic Friend?

He could even be married for all we know with what little info she's provided. He could just be being friendly even since he cancels on her at times.

OP can you provide anymore information to help to actually distinguish your situation without jumping to conclusions about how much and in what capacity you're liked. Do you even know if he's single? Certainly don't tell him you are crushing on him if he's not single. You don't want to be heading on that route.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wakeup sees cheating husbands everywhere.

One thing for sure.. I'm starting to think you're one and that's why your so on the defensive.

I've never even been married, and I'm a cheating husband. See that ladies? Cheating husbands are everywhere. Watch out!

Now you're just being silly.

I'm sorry I took so long to reply. He isn't married, he is quite single. We have hung out together a few more times since my original post and have plans again tonight.
    My concern is that this guy is a self proclaimed nerd, he is much harder to read than other men that I have dated. I just don't want to get my hopes up that there may be more when I might be in the friend zone, I really like him and we have lots of fun together. I must let it be known that the 2 times he flaked were both after long nights of playing video games with friends (which I don't mind because I play video games also).

I apologize for my previous lack of info, if there is anything else you want to know ask and I will try to answer. also all of his family lives out of town except an aunt and cousin who I haven't met. but it isn't like we have even slept together.