+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HE moves too fast and then HE freaks out?

Thy protests TOO much.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hey OP, let us know how everything turns out, alright? Good luck out there!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    Says who???
    Me. Duh. Unless someone else is posting w/my SN.

Care to rephrase your question to something more coherent?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Me. Duh. Unless someone else is posting w/my SN.

Care to rephrase your question to something more coherent?
    Oh okay, so it was just your opinion and not like, some true, hard set rule.

Carry on then.

I bet that his dog also ate his homework. Oh well, at least HeheMan will believe him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    Oh okay, so it was just your opinion and not like, some true, hard set rule.

Carry on then.
    Why, I do think I shall, thanks.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Wow...some are WAAAAY to cynical in this thread. Why does the dude have to be lying? Personally, I don't think most people would lie about having a sick family member as IMHO that is just bad karma. Maybe I am too trusting, but why lie? Nothing is wrong with telling someone the truth. I just went through a little online dating (took my profile down, looks like I have GF after this weekend ) and I did not meet a single woman that lied or seemed even less then truthful. Maybe a few of you are being a bit too jaded here.

Honstley HockeyGirl do your thing and don't let others discourage. Not saying you have to take everything this guy says as gospel, but why doubt what he has said as he has not given you reason to do so. Have fun, be yourself, and hopefully things will workout. If not, move on and better luck with the next guy.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 29-04-13 at 09:16 PM.

Fla... I thought you had better common sense then that ^^^ No one has said the "dude HAS to be lying" but, she shouldn't be 100% trusting of his story at this point. To do so is being naive. Trust is earned,it's not automatic. So it's in her own best interests to keep her wits about her after two dates and a very unlikely story.

Time will tell. It's very disconcerting that he's basicly telling her he's not ready to see her multiple times a week as well. It's almost akin to "I don't want to be exclusive and I have other options besides you."

Be aware while you have fun, Op.

why doubt what he has said as he has not given you reason to do so.
    Yes, he has. Him telling her outright that he's not prepared to see her 3 times a week is her cue to simmer down herself and don't put all her emotions into this one basket because: People who are already paired up don't have time to see anyone very often. Or: they're not wanting anything serious but will take what they can get. Two reasons for op to not let herself get carried away before she actually knows this guy and he's showing her that he cares. There's no harm in her exercising some common sense.

One of the first clues that someone is married or otherwise paired up already is that they are never available on weekends or holidays (or very very seldom available on those days) Another clue would be if he's only texting her and making arrangements to see her during working hours.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 29-04-13 at 10:43 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is telling the truth for now. Text him tomorrow and say you hope his relative is okay etc. Go out a few more times and see what you think. If you see any more red flags you can dump him.

Just dont sleep with him unless you trust him and dont make any plans at your place or his until your sure you want that to happen unless you make it clear first its just a DVD or dinner, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    two dates and a very unlikely story.
    There's nothing unlikely about the story, let alone "very" unlikely. People get sick and die every day.

It's very disconcerting that he's basicly telling her he's not ready to see her multiple times a week as well. It's almost akin to "I don't want to be exclusive and I have other options besides you."
    Except it's absolutely not "akin" to any such thing, and I have to shake my head at your willfully ignorant interpretation of what he said. Why not just take him at face value? They've only known each other for a week or two. He could very well not be ready to see her all the time. What he said is actually akin to "Hey, I really like you but can we slow down a bit?"

Honestly, it sounds like this guy has been single for a while. He met an attractive girl on a dating website and got excited. Then the gravity of the situation hit him and he decided to slow down a bit.

Him telling her outright that he's not prepared to see her 3 times a week is her cue to simmer down herself and don't put all her emotions into this one basket because: People who are already paired up don't have time to see anyone very often.
    He saw her twice in on week. For someone you've only just met, that's a fairly "often" rate. Either way, they haven't even known each other long enough to conclude whether or not he's able to see her often or not.

One of the first clues that someone is married or otherwise paired up already is that they are never available on weekends or holidays (or very very seldom available on those days)
    Except they've only been on two dates, and they only just met eachother a week ago. There isn't even a large enough sample size to say he's "never available on weekends".

You are jumping to conclusions in a highly irrational manner. We have scant little data that points to any of your wild and crazy assertions that this guy is married just because xxxx behavior in a different situation could be interpreted as such.

... lol .. I've got your number HeHe you like flaming most of the women that post... as I've said YOU protest too much. as you do in most every post from most women so far. I could point-by-point you back but I'll not bother because you're on a mission here.

I'm just telling her to watch out that he doesn't avoid her on weekends and if he does its one of possibly many a red flag from what she's shared in the opening post. duh.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-04-13 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he is telling the truth for now. Text him tomorrow and say you hope his relative is okay etc. Go out a few more times and see what you think. If you see any more red flags you can dump him.

Just dont sleep with him unless you trust him and dont make any plans at your place or his until your sure you want that to happen unless you make it clear first its just a DVD or dinner, whatever..
    Pretty much exactly what i've been saying only I tend to use more words by explaining why she should do that^^^

'Cept I'd not text him again after he's the one that said he wants to take things slow. Up to him to set the pace now and if it wasn't up to the pace I'd expect after that converstaion on post one, I'd next him.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-04-13 at 01:15 AM. Reason: always adding.

... lol .. I've got your number HeHe you like flaming most of the women that post...
    Nope. Just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup
    I could point-by-point you back but I'll not bother
    can't*

Also LOL @ you bringing up that you're a woman, as if it matters. Are you trying to hide behind your skirt now?

^^^ Thanks for making my point.

You don't really have a point, you're just mad you lost the argument so now you're trying to make it personal.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast