+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why beuty and inteligence does not work together? :)

We don't reproduce on benefits; most births are accidents. Selection is hardly at play now.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Nowadays not so much, no. Now we correct defects with surgery. Hell, my wife probably wouldn't have been able to walk if she hadn't had surgery, and 40,000 years ago wouldn't have reproduced because of it.

So then selection for intelligence and beauty wont really happen...except via artificial means such as surgery like you point out. Which would limit that to the wealthy. Which would keep intelligent AND beautiful to the privileged classes.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Why is that binary to you? I believe it DID happen a long time ago, however these days it doesn't happen so much, as it's no longer important whether or not you're tall enough to see over the grass, smart enough to find and trap prey and strong enough to drag it home. However, those traits once selected for don't just do away.

But there's no genetic link between the two. The genes for those traits are unrelated. Say we had the capability to modify the genome, and you found the genes that controlled how big your feet were... would you expect that making your feet bigger would make your dick bigger? I sure wouldn't. Would you expect that altering the genes to make them more physically attractive would make them more stupid in the process?

THEY'RE NOT LINKED.

There's a correlation. I didn't say LINK, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    It's not the opposite, it's not an either/or. Intelligence has not ever been genetically linked to appearance.
    Genetically healthier people are simultaneously more physically attractive and intelligent.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201012/beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent

If that were true, how come football, baseball and basketball players are gangbangers or colossal, semi-literate douchebags? They've got the good genes to be tall, fast and strong. Yet, they're more stupid than a cat's vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    If that were true, how come football, baseball and basketball players are gangbangers or colossal, semi-literate douchebags? They've got the good genes to be tall, fast and strong. Yet, they're more stupid than a cat's vagina.
    They chose not to develop their full potential.

the OP must be blind if he really believes all intelligent people are average or below average in looks.

also having a degree doesnt mean your more intelligent than someone who doesnt have one

and assuming all attractive people are stupid actually just makes you stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Again, it's not an either/or. Some are, some are not. There are definitely stupid athletes out there, and intelligent ones too.

you should look up what these models look like without their makeup etc. they actually have flaws too like everyone does. just saying..

True. A lot of 'em are kind of scary without makeup on. It's why I prefer women that eschew makeup... I know what they're going to look like in the morning, LOL.

Most of those models aren't hot to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Most of those models aren't hot to begin with.
    Ya, they are not. They are chosen for their height, I think. I don't find models attractive unless they are Victoria Secret models. Mmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I don't find models attractive unless they are Victoria Secret models. Mmmmm.
    You a guy, or bi?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast