+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i don't need love

i don't need love

ok i may be sounding weird but yes i never wanted to fall in love ever in my life.
    I love this guy but there are many differences between us. He loves his ex girlfriend who left him for another guy.
    I am hopelessly in love with him since 7-8 years. I was only 12 then.
    I thought it's just a crush but i am unable to forget him.
    One thing i don't understand is i never wanted to fall in love but it happened somehow.
    Now the situation is like this.... My brain wants to forget him but my heart doesn't let me.
    It's paying its own game.
    Please help me.
    My life has gotten upside down after falling in love but this guy i can never have.
    I have decided 100's of times to forget but can't :'(:'(:'( PLEASE HELP ME WHAY SHOULD I DO.

P.S. I told him that i love him but he reacted neutrally.
    I just wish to forget him and to never fall in love again cause i have been cheated twice.I trust nobody.

Sometimes the heart does it's own thing. It's a mystery that can't be explained.

But the bright side is that you are only 20 years old. You still have many long years ahead of you where you will meet new people, new men, and have new loves. 8 years is a long time to have unrequited love. That must have been a terrible burden for you to bear all those years. That shows that you are a very deep soul, capable of holding love for someone for a long time. Trust me when I tell you that there are many trustworthy, decent men out there who are looking for someone just like you who can carry a flame for the long haul.

For now, maybe try distancing yourself from him. It will hurt at first, but it's best if he doesn't share your feelings. In Korea they have a saying: 시간이 약입니다 - "Time is medicine."

Best of luck to you. I know how unrequited love hurts. You are not alone.

The heart has thoughts of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by abbydesireray View Post
    ok i may be sounding weird but yes i never wanted to fall in love ever in my life.
    I love this guy but there are many differences between us. He loves his ex girlfriend who left him for another guy.
    I am hopelessly in love with him since 7-8 years. I was only 12 then.
    I thought it's just a crush but i am unable to forget him.
    One thing i don't understand is i never wanted to fall in love but it happened somehow.
    Now the situation is like this.... My brain wants to forget him but my heart doesn't let me.
    It's paying its own game.
    Please help me.
    My life has gotten upside down after falling in love but this guy i can never have.
    I have decided 100's of times to forget but can't :'(:'(:'( PLEASE HELP ME WHAY SHOULD I DO.

P.S. I told him that i love him but he reacted neutrally.
    I just wish to forget him and to never fall in love again cause i have been cheated twice.I trust nobody.
    If the main point of your thread is advice on how to get this man out of your head and heart, abby then going No Contact and not responding to any of his attempts at contact is the way to go. It's like rehabing from a drug addiction really. You have to stop doing the drug, you have to stop hanging around the drug or where the drug will be at and you have to exchange the drug for another habit that is healthy. In time you will be indifferent to the drug so that you'll be open enough to allow a man into your life that will reciprocate your feelings for him.

Google "Limerence" and read the Wiki link to it. It's rather lengthly but it will explain to you what you are going through. Perhaps if you know the term and the symptoms, you'll find it easier to be able to detach and leg go.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion