+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A girl proposing?

A girl proposing?

A GIRL PROPOSING TO A GUY.. JUST A THOUGHT THAT CAME ACROSS MY MIND IS IT A GOOD OR BAD THING?

It depends on the couple. If either party believes that proposing is a man's job, it probably won't work well. The woman may be disappointed in not getting a proposal and a man may say "I will propose when I'm ready and not before". My ex-husband said that when I wanted to know his intentions.

However, if both parties are progressive and believe in equality of the sexes, I see no problem with it.

For what it's worth, I suggested marriage to my partner. I one night I just said "hey, do you think we should get married?" and he said yes. Though after a weekend's discussion we didn't end up getting married because our reasons were wrong. I mainly wanted a name change and he mainly wanted a party with lots of guests and flowers and groomsmen and bridesmaids and the dress and everything (blech). So we got a new bathroom instead. And later on I had my name legally changed to match his and our kids.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I personally believe its a mans job. I wouldnt propose

No way in hell would I propose to a man. This is one area where I'm old fashioned in and believe it's really a man's job and in addition by doing that, it would just show how desperate I am since it's usually us women who are ready first.

Might as well castrate him too.

I think no problem ....

Bad idea, the guy should be in control!

I think it's more romantic for the guy to do it, but hey different strokes for different folks

I would never propose to a man. If a man wants to marry you, he will ask. If I felt like I wanted to move on in life because he had no interest in that, then I would move on. But no I wouldn't ask. It is desperate come to think of it.