+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 win down, 15 remain...

1 win down, 15 remain...

As some of you may or may not recall, I swore to Lord Stanley's Cup that if the Ducks win the Cup, I'll DEFINITELY ask a girl out (and that's an unbreakable oath!). Went to tonight's game and actually conversed a little with members of the group (it was a meetup.com thing). So besides that breaking ground (I otherwise never say anything at games because I usually go solo), the win means the team is 1 win towards my having to do that.

Besides that, I am contemplating something....OK, so when with friends I MIGHT go up to a girl, especially if she's a cashier and I buy something and use that opportunity to do something like "May I please have (x)? Thanks. You have a lovely smile, by the way. Your boyfriend (?) is a lucky guy" and whatnot. It'd be cool to have them standing nearby watching and then when it's over they'll say "Wow, that was SO cool. When did you get swag?" That's a potential aspect to "Operation Condor" aka the makeover. Who knows? Maybe I get a date, leads to a relationship and I don't cry myself to sleep with my O.M.D. records playing in the dark..(not true whatsoever, just joking).

I have no idea who Lord Stanley is, who the Ducks are and which sport the Cup belongs to, but it sounds like you're saying that you're a whole season away from asking a girl out?

You can do better than this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Good plan dude but do it now

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I have no idea who Lord Stanley is, who the Ducks are and which sport the Cup belongs to, but it sounds like you're saying that you're a whole season away from asking a girl out?

Eh, the playoffs at max. can only last until June 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post

Hockey, and he's a few games away from the end of the playoffs.

Yeah, for us average looking guys it takes some extrinsic like this to get us to give it a shot..

Quit it.

The Ducks aren't winning the Stanley Cup. Ask a girl out anyway.

What did you think of my idea? flirting with a cashier? Generally I've always thought that a bad approach but maybe I'm thinking wrong?

If it's one you see all the time, and you guys talk, then just ask her if she'd like to go out some time. If it's one you don't know and you just want to flirt and try and get something going, it won't work. They get that all the time.

Damn. So much my awe-inspiring moves...

Any public-service type job is going to be like that. They get hit on constantly, and they're rarely up for it. If they initiate small-talk though, you actually do have a shot. Just be forewarned, though... and it never hurts to try, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Yeah, for us average looking guys it takes some extrinsic like this to get us to give it a shot..
    Step away from the Dark Side. Self talk like this is not the way of Young Cosmo.

For what it's worth, most other average looking guys *do* get out there and have a go. And I'm not saying 'average' in a bad way - average looking is actually very much my type. Don't blame the height either, I'm 5'7 and have been taller than more than one boyfriend. No excuses for procrastinating.

And do not contradict me. I'm giving you a kick up the ass to put you back on track.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 02-05-13 at 05:45 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If it's one you see all the time, and you guys talk, then just ask her if she'd like to go out some time. If it's one you don't know and you just want to flirt and try and get something going, it won't work. They get that all the time.
    Totally agree with asking out someone you see *all the time*. Back in the day when I was a bank teller, I know more than one teller who dated a regular customer. And when I say regular, I'm thinking of people who came daily to do the company banking and built a rapport with the teller.

Wait, what? LR, you went on a Meetup.com outing? Way to go, tell us how it went.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Wait, what? LR, you went on a Meetup.com outing? Way to go, tell us how it went.
    Technically, the yoga & meditation in class is also a meetup.com outing...Although this one was more of a true social event. Went pretty well; had the honor of sitting next to the host. Very cool guy. He was on the Jumbotron in a competition to win Rolling Stones tickets..and lost! Only because he didn't let the guy ask the complete question!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast