+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too late to be normal?

Life isn't really worth living without being popular, is it? If I ever have a kid, God forbid, I'd let him be normal; that way, he wouldn't end up like loser daddy who only gets phone calls from his dad and telemarketers..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Does anybody know what the catch is with the ads in the Pennysaver offering a job delivering papers between 2 a.m. and say 5 a.m.? I'm much intrigued but Google didn't offer anything on the legitimacy of it..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Get.A.Job.In.Sales. or Get.A.Job.In.A.Grocery.Store.As.A.Stock.Boy but what ever you do... DON'T

Take a solitary freaking paper route that you have to do at 2:effing A.M. where you won't meet anyone or improve your social life.

M'kay/
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

There are lots of job listings but nobody's offered me an interview. I mean, I'd MUUUCH rather work and serve the public than a paper route but I need money, too..

Of those "offerings" how many resumes have you sent to them or how many applications have you filled out?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

3. But ALL the ones I've been DYING to land.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nothing to add, doll. We tried to help you but you won't help yourself. When you are ready, you will do what is needful.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I really want to help myself. It's just this damn brain: maybe it'll look and act better if it were splattered against my room's wall..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talk to *me* about unusual brains??

You're pissing me off, kid. Stop it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OK, sorry indi.

Now I'm just wondering, since my bro and sis are sociable (and my younger brother is popular, partying and had sex before me), why did I have to be selected to be the family loser?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I really want to help myself. It's just this damn brain: maybe it'll look and act better if it were splattered against my room's wall..
    Get counselling for God sake. Could do it two years ago already. And be happy all this time.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It sucks. I know I'd be a good employee that wont' screw up again or take the job for granted. My plan is, buy a car I really like (and is good with MPG and is green) and drive to places, solo if I have to. Maybe drive to the beach once a week, go to a bar or something..

Ya, you are probably doom by now, LR. Dated a guy who was around your age an year back. He never had a girlfriend before. Thought it was kind of cute before but looking back now, he was really weird. Probably will never date a guy who never had experience again.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    It sucks. I know I'd be a good employee that wont' screw up again or take the job for granted. My plan is, buy a car I really like (and is good with MPG and is green) and drive to places, solo if I have to. Maybe drive to the beach once a week, go to a bar or something..
    You can't drive to a bar you ninny. You better not be planning on drinking and driving.

Theres nothing wrong with you LR. How many times?? *sigh* you just need some CONFIDENCE. you dont need a makeover

Oops sorry got the name wrong. force of habit.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast