+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too late to be normal?

Too late to be normal?

I'm thinking about "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." I'm old dog: At 22, maybe my best years are behind me. Was never really normal even at a young age, my brain just doesn't work normally and I don't have favorable genetics to be normal...I'm trying to use the advice given here, but until I get the makeover and give it a shot, I dunno if I can ever really fit in and have a satisfying social life.

Is 22 nearing 23 too late to learn to be normal?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

To someone of my age, you're still very much a young pup. For what it's worth, most people of your age are still doing a lot of growing, learning and changing. Can't see why you'd have an exemption.

Also, normal is over-rated. There's nothing wrong with being a bit left of centre - as long as you're a nice and pleasant person to be around.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'd rather just be like everyone else. Conformity ain't so bad, really. But mentally, I just can't think like a normal person....I'm pretty bummed out because none of my recent applications landed me an interview and I'm not normal enough to do sales which have a ton of openings available.

Now I don't want to sound too gloomy; I want to really LIIIIIVE for once, but I can't do that without any opportunities. I mean, I'd thrill at being the partially retarded friend that's fun to hang out with sometimes.
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 03-05-13 at 02:10 PM.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

No life with despair
    Do not despair with life
    Be like rocks, which are not affected by air

Does it sound like I've got any kind of mental disorder? And depression doesn't count.

What doesnt kill you makes you stranger. Every time you jerk off you become stranger.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Lol, I doubt that can be scientifically corroborated...

Look at 30 year old single guys who never had a GF - they look bit different than those with many girlfriends. Seriously. 20 year old virgin = wankerator

30 year old virgin = freak.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No one is normal, but it seems to me that the people most likely to question how normal they are... are usually the most normal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Maybe because they afraid to be original or crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No one is normal, but it seems to me that the people most likely to question how normal they are... are usually the most normal.
    Lol, I wish that were the case. I see what you're saying, I imagine sometimes it is true..But no one could look at me and think "That's just a normal guy, being normal.."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think you are normal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Your worst years (i.e. adolescence) are behind you... the best have yet to come.

You just need to accept yourself, without trying so hard to be someone you are not. Accepting yourself -> having confidence -> being more attractive and successful in general.

I find that girls is pretty much more crazy than guys. Seriously.

I noticed that wierdo people tend to spend much time alone away from society so they develop without social frame in their own special way. When they finaly go into people they are so much diferent that everyone. For example guy who lives in the woods or people who dont leave home for weeks or months. Also I know a friend whos been outside his home town just once in 3 years and hes even wierder than ever. He leaves his home everyday but he ussualy visits only 3 places -work,shop,home,work,home,work,shop,home etc. People who travel and are active socialy ussualy are emotionaly healty and strong aswell.

Meet diferent people see yourself with lot of diferent eyes and change surroundings from time to time. Thats all thats needed to be normal.

Normal is a range. Usually within two standard deviations on either side of the mean. In what aspect are you not normal?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast