+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't understand why I feel so much sadness

I can't understand why I feel so much sadness

and anxiety over a guy who never even made me THAT happy to begin with. Even in the "best" of times, he was still a jerk to me, and I still felt upset about other girls he flirted with, I never really felt comfort, or stability, or like he really loved me.

I always think of things as being kind of a balance, like, the greater the level of happiness you had with a person, the greater the level of sadness is when you break up with that person that made you happy..

but, it seems in this case, the sadness I've been through has outweighed all the happiness I ever had with him. It makes no sense to me, why am I feel SO depressed over something that was not that good to begin with?

I haven't talked to him in weeks now, but I'm still crying at the thought of him, why?

Maybe you was lonely before and after him thats why you feel so sad now. Also could be that you hoped and dreamed for a better things when he was in your life nad now with him gone these things are gon too. Could be that he didnt make you that happy but much less depresed for sure and now contrast is huge.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Maybe you was lonely before and after him thats why you feel so sad now. Also could be that you hoped and dreamed for a better things when he was in your life nad now with him gone these things are gon too. Could be that he didnt make you that happy but much less depresed for sure and now contrast is huge.
    I think you're right about that..

I just wanna feel better without him now, and I worry I can't.

Just talk with everyone you can and sadness will become bearable. Counseling helps too cause you can express your emotions and everything that bothers you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I've also felt this way before and my friend recommended me to read a book about this. And it helped a lot. When my relationships kept on failing, I felt like I wanted it all to stop. I was like, no more dating for me. But this book helped me in great ways. It was very life changing.

There is a greater happiness out there. You start with yourself.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

True Love teaches you to see yourself as close to who
    you are. It can be a good and powerful present and a
    huge bliss of life force that flows within you. And it can
    be the most painful and difficult way to know yourself.

Grief and sadness is a normal response to loss. You lost something, even if you don't think it was very significant. It might not only have been loss of the man, but maybe something deeper, like the loss of hopes or dreams. Time will heal this.

Its only been a few weeks OP and you just need to stay strong and give yourself time. You cared for him and even though he was an ass-you still need to grieve the loss just like any breakup. You no you deserve better and now you have the chance to start over again. This is a blessing-each month will get easier. Try to keep busy and distract yourself you will be fine xx

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Grief and sadness is a normal response to loss. You lost something, even if you don't think it was very significant. It might not only have been loss of the man, but maybe something deeper, like the loss of hopes or dreams. Time will heal this.
    Time heals almost everything, including your heartaches now. We are human beings and we are blessed with the gift of forgetting. Forgetting can be a blessing. ^_^

Also, this was the book i was talking about. It's very amazing!! In fact, it was life changing for me. I'm not advertising or anything. I just wanted to share. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/HIDDEN-SECRETS-LASTING-RELATIONSHIP-ebook/dp/B00CLJYB9O

thanks very much guys, I appreciate the answers. I will look at the book too.