+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mood swings or is it my problem?

Mood swings or is it my problem?

I really don't understand the mood swings with some girls. It's like one day she can be totally up for doing anything, the next day, it's hard to get a hello from her. The more i date, the more i notice this pattern with most girls and it's starting to bother me quite a bit because I don't know if it's something I do or just how they are. If I ask what's wrong, i usually get a response like "Nothing", and the conversation is dead soon afterwards. Now, when i dated before there was no pressure, however, now that i'm older, i'm more interested in meeting someone for a long term relationship so maybe i'm trying too hard to make something happen. Could that be the problem?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Asip4u----If the person is giving you the silent treatment, when you ask what's wrong, the thought process is, "He's asking me what's wrong. Damn. Now I am irritated". Hence, she clams up even further.
    (We can only surmise that is what she is thinking).

As for mood swings, dealing with people who yo-yo about from day-to-day is so damn tedious. It's like, you've got better things to do than to figure out what the weather is like. Thunder cloud above her head? Sunshine? Blistering heat? What? It's walking on egg shells. Those with mood swings and who show it are usually brats. A mature, well brought up individual will at least be civil, EVEN when he/she isn't in the mood.

I suggest you find such a mature individual to date. Good luck!

Tone Guest
    You could be onto something when you say you might be trying to force things to happen... especially if it's just dating in the early stages. Some chicks like to just go with the flow and the only advice I can really give you is take a step by step look at what exactly you did in the last 24 hours (or just the time between the last time you were around them and they weren't upset) that could cause them to change their mood... lol. If you don't find anything you did just give them their space and let em know you're there to listen to them if they wanna talk.

PMS my friend
    [URL=http://www.steadyhealth.com]Health Forums[/URL]

PMS, hahaha.
    The ever reliable excuse.
    "Ogres are like onions."

sometimes i am alot like thsi girl u describe moody! Some days i dont want to talk i just wan to be. What is the consatnat need for people to talk about needless crap? My b.f he constantly does it to the point that i just want to scream shut up. I now give him a heads up when i want some quiet time, there is nothing wrong with just hanging out hold hands hug and stuff like that. I hear words all day i really dont want to hear unnessesary ones, and i definatley know that my SO always tries so hard when i just dont need that much.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    sometimes i am alot like thsi girl u describe moody! Some days i dont want to talk i just wan to be. What is the consatnat need for people to talk about needless crap? My b.f he constantly does it to the point that i just want to scream shut up. I now give him a heads up when i want some quiet time, there is nothing wrong with just hanging out hold hands hug and stuff like that. I hear words all day i really dont want to hear unnessesary ones, and i definatley know that my SO always tries so hard when i just dont need that much.
    I don't like constant chatting and being together all the time either so i don't think that's the problem. All of you made some interesting points so thanks for that.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

don't take it personally. sometimes people are just in their own heads and they want to be alone or just quiet and reserved.

if something is wrong and she wants to tell you she will, or she'll tell you later.

remember though...don't take it personal.

i agree with misombra.. i'm in my own head alot. heck, half of the time, i don't know where my head is (and don't tell me it's attached to my neck).

it's not personal, or moodiness. sometimes, you think about things and it's better to not say anything at all. you know, count ten stuff.
    "Ogres are like onions."

arty, misombra, thanks for your inputs, that helped a lot...I think you''re right about that... At one point she actually did say "don't take it personal"...If she was upset she would have said something or would completely ignore me right?...i would also say..."are you busy? i don't want to bother you"... she'd say something like..."no, you're not bothering me".

Tone Guest
    You're a good man, Asip.

So far it seems the consensus is that this is a trait more common among women. Interesting and insightful. That's the kind of thing we need to be learning! But as Chlorine said, you can always find a girl who won't exhibit this behavior, if it is such a pet peeve of yours.

Tone Guest
    Yes, both interesting and insightful!

I dont understand female mood swings either. I always have a logical reason behind the way I feel and what my mood is.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Thanks Tone. Nomas, it makes sense to me now and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something i was doing. Some people are just too nice that they won't tell you how they feel and it bothers me cause 90% of the time i'm quite the opposite. It's like, if you don't like me, tell me so i can move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast