+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies, am I being too critical of his female friendships?

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    Nope and I told you I wasn't going to.
    Actually, you said you might if I told you what difference it made.

Anyway, I really think you would have no issues answering them, if you thought they were "good" answers. I bet you've never even been in a long term relationship. Otherwise, I really fail to understand how you could think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Anyway, I really think you would have no issues answering them, if you thought they were "good" answers. I bet you've never even been in a long term relationship.
    Goading me won't work.

Otherwise, I really fail to understand how you could think that way.
    Let's just say I'm a very independent man.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 06-05-13 at 03:10 AM.

lalalita Guest
    Let's just say I'm a very independent man.
    I think if you want to get married, you can understand how childhood/teen friendships fade and your life revolves around your wife and family.

The fact that you immediately thought about "2 month girlfriend" when the rule "a man's best female friend should be his girlfriend" first came up also indicates that you've never been in a long-term relationship. It's not goading, it's deduction skills.
    Last edited by searock; 06-05-13 at 03:16 AM.

Yes because men are just two dimensional and it's all about feeding their egos.

Yes this guy is obviously a PUA because he has female friends. Because men only care about their egos.

But I'm the sexist one amirite?
    I didn't say all men, but the men she is choosing to date. And I never said he was intentionally being a pick up artist. I was explaining why she is probably attracted to these types of men and that it is a method that is used by pick up artists.

The fact that you immediately thought about "2 month girlfriend" when the rule "a man's best female friend should be his girlfriend" first came up indicates that you've never been in a long-term relationship.
    No it actually doesn't indicate that. I did mention later in the thread that I've been with my current girlfriend for 2 months. I was using that as an example while applying critical thinking skills to your statement. (Guess what: Your statement didn't pass critical thinking examination, and instead of defending it you're just attacking me. )

See, you're taking something I said and twisting something into some negative conclusion about me as a person and the sorts of relationships I had. Didn't I already say you were going to do that? Now you know why I'm not answering your questions.

It's not goading, it's deduction skills.
    Actually it's not deduction. Deduction is: a process of reasoning in which a conclusion follows necessarily from the premises presented, so that the conclusion cannot be false if the premises are true. What you are doing more closely resembles induction: any form of reasoning in which the conclusion, though supported by the premises, does not follow from them necessarily.

But anyway, your detective skills are super LULZ. It's hilarious to watch you sit there, combing through my posts for any "indications" of the durations of my relationships - and getting it completely wrong.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 06-05-13 at 03:25 AM.

lalalita Guest
    Heheman- What is the point of arguing? I'm seeking constructive opinions on a matter I am on the fence about. You're entitled to your opinion, you do not have to justify to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    Heheman- What is the point of arguing? I'm seeking constructive opinions on a matter I am on the fence about. You're entitled to your opinion, you do not have to justify to anyone.
    I don't know. Ask searock.

You as a person? I never said anything negative about you as a person. There's nothing wrong about not having been in any long term relationship. And I was using common speech, not the correct philosophical term: I didn't think this was the place to show off (which you clearly do).

You are a boring, unfunny troll. You put words in other people's mouths just to start pointless arguments. How sad. How's that for a negative thing about you as a person? I'm adding you to my ignore list, just so you know.

lalalita, when are you going to meet your boyfriend's friend? I'm quite curious as to how it will turn out...
    Last edited by searock; 06-05-13 at 03:30 AM.

You as a person? I never said anything negative about you as a person. There's nothing wrong about not having been in any long term relationship. And I was using common speech, not the correct philosophical term: I didn't think this was the place to show off (which you clearly do).

You are a boring, unfunny troll. You put words in other people's mouths just to start pointless arguments. How sad. How's that for a negative thing about you as a person? I'm adding you to my ignore list, just so you know. How's that for a negative thing about you as a person?
    Hehe you sound mad.

In the future don't start arguments you can't handle. Just some free advice.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 06-05-13 at 03:33 AM.

lalalita Guest
    lalalita, when are you going to meet your boyfriend's friend? I'm quite curious as to how it will turn out...
    We're not boyfriend/girlfriend yet because I've been keeping him at arm's length due to these few issues. I wouldn't want to meet her while we are still in this gray area (even though, I'm the one making it gray! Ah!) And I guess I'll never know until I see them together. It's such a deal breaker for me. And I'm trying so hard to find reasons to make this work even though I know it's not something I want.

It's like how some woman won't date a man who has children. I won't/can't date a man who has a female best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    We're not boyfriend/girlfriend yet because I've been keeping him at arm's length due to these few issues. I wouldn't want to meet her while we are still in this gray area (even though, I'm the one making it gray! Ah!) And I guess I'll never know until I see them together. It's such a deal breaker for me. And I'm trying so hard to find reasons to make this work even though I know it's not something I want.

It's like how some woman won't date a man who has children. I won't/can't date a man who has a female best friend.
    It's a reasonable rule. Is there a way you can meet her without it being official yet? Like, in a bigger group of friends or something...

Quote Originally Posted by NotImma View Post
    Hohoman has totally owned searock ITT. She must me fuming.
    lol

I wouldn't answer her questions, so she tried to spin things I said into negative conclusions in an effort to goad the answers out of me (lol her mistake was assuming I'd explain myself to a stranger on the internet). When I pointed out she was dumb, she put me on ignore.

loolol

Quote Originally Posted by NotImma View Post
    If I quote you, she can still read your wisdom. You lose man points for writing "lool" though. Bit gay bro.
    I'm not a homosexual, but I play one on the Intarwebz.

PS: Watch out Seacock might BLOCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you'd have my back on this, Imma. He's way below you...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast