+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I like him but we live so far away from each other

I like him but we live so far away from each other

It's a long story, but I think I'm falling for him. After a year of being apart with on and off contact, we met up again and I found out he still likes me too.

I've tried really hard since I moved away (a year ago) to get over him but I can't stop thinking about him and comparing each new guy I date to him. No one else seems to possess as many of the qualities I look for in a partner. After 20+ years of not believing in true romantic love, it scares me that I could now be so into someone.

But logically I don't think it makes sense for us to try... One of us would have to move eventually if we want things to work but currently I like where I live and so does he.

What should I do? Is it possible for two ppl to stay in touch long distance and eventually end up together? Or am I just kidding myself?

Long distance =- waste of precious time. You're just kidding yourself.

You just have to realize there's a possibility that if you invest in this relationship you may have to sacrifice where you live now and what you do now to be with him. He needs to realize this as well. If neither is willing to compromise in the future then there's no point. I will say that I have done the on-line long distance thing and it didn't work out. People get bored and lonely and they will eventually move on if things don't happen pretty quickly.

Long distance is bad
    even minor physical contact is important. from holding hands to a tap on the bum etc.
    it is all necessary
    you cannot truly connect unless you are near each other.

Quote Originally Posted by srami83 View Post
    You just have to realize there's a possibility that if you invest in this relationship you may have to sacrifice where you live now and what you do now to be with him. He needs to realize this as well. If neither is willing to compromise in the future then there's no point. I will say that I have done the on-line long distance thing and it didn't work out. People get bored and lonely and they will eventually move on if things don't happen pretty quickly.
    This is not an online long distance relationship. We used to live in the same area. We were attracted to each other from the first moment we met and we used to hang out. But I had accepted a job far away waaayy before I met him. He was suppose to move to my city when his contract ended but he couldn't find a job here. I guess it's just not meant to be......

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    This is not an online long distance relationship. We used to live in the same area. We were attracted to each other from the first moment we met and we used to hang out. But I had accepted a job far away waaayy before I met him. He was suppose to move to my city when his contract ended but he couldn't find a job here. I guess it's just not meant to be......
    Sometimes things become, too good to not last.
    We can't control circumstances that happen, you chose your path, and now he has to choose his.

It'll be hard for the both of you, and it might take some time, but the faster you
    accept being alone for a while and move on, the better you'll be.

Are you both going to wait, for something out of the ordinary to happen, and not worry about what is best for you ?

It's been 1 year, stop having feelings for him at the moment, you both say that you like where you are.

Have you tried to give another person a chance ? or are you still waiting with what might happen between you two ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    Sometimes things become, too good to not last.
    We can't control circumstances that happen, you chose your path, and now he has to choose his.

It'll be hard for the both of you, and it might take some time, but the faster you
    accept being alone for a while and move on, the better you'll be.

Are you both going to wait, for something out of the ordinary to happen, and not worry about what is best for you ?

It's been 1 year, stop having feelings for him at the moment, you both say that you like where you are.

Have you tried to give another person a chance ? or are you still waiting with what might happen between you two ?
    Yes, I've tried dating many other guys. But I've been unsatisfied with every single one. It probably didn't help that we met up again...because now that flame just turned into a big blazing fire.
    I just need to find someone better....but it's been extremely difficult. It seems like all the good men who are my age or older are taken...and the ones I keep meeting really creep me out!

If where you live is more important to you than being with him, then he can't be all that special.

I'd follow my guy to the ends of the earth....
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If where you live is more important to you than being with him, then he can't be all that special.

I'd follow my guy to the ends of the earth....
    ...I'm much more cautious about making such sacrifices, because my mom did something like that. However, that does not mean I'm not unwilling.