+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Are 'Bad Boys' So Appealing?

Haha yc!

When i was a teen i went for the nice guy. I never had any interest in losers-i could always see straight threw their BS.

Ive always been cautious when it comes to men and keep my eyes wide open for any warning signs. Thats just me. Plenty of my friends went straight for the twats and got burned a few times. Oh well live and learn

the man to break me will never be born

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Cause hes already born. Otherwise it means that everyone who is 23 years younger than you cant break you. And I understand why.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Haha i meant no man will ever break me

What do you consider broken?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    In my experience younger women/girls like the "bad boy." As they mature they want someone who is there for them emotionally and physically.

Hence, in high school I remained a virigin. I was too nice for the girls then. As I got older I grew to have a lot of confidence, but I NEVER treated women poorly. Then, college came and I had no problem getting women.

Early on nice/good guys don't get the girl, but later on they do.
    Yep.

Only thing is, when we get older... we don't go after those girls who dated the bad boys in school.

We seek after down to earth, stable, mature women with no drama or ex's hanging around in the hallway.

My current girlfriend... didn't lose her virginity until she was 23, and has only been with 5 guys (I'm the 5th). She is not in touch with any of her exes. She's a keeper just based on these accounts.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 08-05-13 at 08:41 AM.

Ive always been cautious when it comes to men and keep my eyes wide open for any warning signs. Thats just me. Plenty of my friends went straight for the twats and got burned a few times. Oh well live and learn

Haha i meant no man will ever break me
    Interesting you have such an... adversarial and paranoid relationship with the opposite sex. Hmm.
    Last edited by HeheMan; 08-05-13 at 08:42 AM.

There is a difference between being nice and being too nice. Some men get confused about this. You know the ones who say things like "why do I always end up in the friend zone and then she ditches me for an ass"?

Well the said "ass" is not really an ass-hes just not a doormat and expects to be treated with respect.

My bfs best friend has been dumped time and time again coz hes too nice women have no respect for him coz he gives and gives and gives while she takes and takes and takes and he puts up with a lot of crap and allows her to get away with anything so hes not appealing. Nobody wants somebody who never says no or who allows her to treat him like dirt.

Most women want a man who sees her as his equal and doesnt have double standards. It works both ways. You should expect to be treated just as good as you treat your partner and if your not-you walk away.

We set our own standards and expectations, limits and boundaries but some people change their mind once the said line has been crossed which does make them a doormat
    This sums it up well

It's just that the younger guys ( under 25) who tend to be the more dominant / loud personalities in our society are also the guys who get into trouble from time to time.....whatever that may be. Quiet guys don't cause waves.

As we get older, we see through the bullshit....young girl cant see through BS
    Last edited by surfhb2; 08-05-13 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    This sums it up well

It's just that the younger guys ( under 25) tend to be the more dominant / loud personalities in our society.... These are also the guys who get into trouble from time to time.....whatever that may be. Quiet guys don't cause waves.

As we get older, we see through the bullshit....young girl can see through BS
    Well don't ride the cock carousel too much before you see through the bullshit... even "nice guys" have their standards.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    Well don't ride the cock carousel too much before you see through the bullshit... even "nice guys" have their standards.
    Sorry.. Had to edit my post above.

from a simple perspective i put it to you like this.

I used to have a thing for damaged girls. girls with messed up pasts, bad stuff had happened to them allot. I figured some how i could cure them and fix them etc
    i guess the same goes for thes e"bad boys" wmen think they can be tamed and they are the ones to do it.

Women/girls are attracted to bad boys because it's masculine. Also if they are chosen by one, they feel "special" and the desire to tame, excites them because it's challenging. The more the guy ignores them, pushes them away, or disrespects them, dopamine is released in the female brain. This is the reason why so many women find it so hard to leave an abusive relationship. It's like a lab rat that keeps hitting the button. To add a girl or woman doesn't have to be mentally unstable, immature, insecure, or damaged to fall for one.

That's stupid. That doesn't make sense, otherwise we would ONLY see the bad guys who epitomize masculinity and decent men would've died out centuries ago..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

To add a girl or woman doesn't have to be mentally unstable, immature, insecure, or damaged to fall for one.
    No she doesn't but there is definately something mis-firing if she stays with one... anyone who mis-treats her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just the way it is sometimes LR

Yeah, I've learned to equate "not logical or generally smart or desirable" with various aspects of "women."
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast