+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Are 'Bad Boys' So Appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    No she doesn't but there is definately something mis-firing if she stays with one... anyone who mis-treats her.
    Obsessively in love will do it....the mis-firing is dopamine. Some can't always control that addiction. And we all know addiction doesn't discriminate.

IIMO: It's the girls with the piss poor childhoods that stay with men who are "bad" because that's all they know is misreatment or disrespect and it's got nothing to do with dopamine why they stay. As I've said a 1000 times before.. It takes more than love to maintain a healthy, happy functional relationship.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    IIMO: It's the girls with the piss poor childhoods that stay with men who are "bad" because that's all they know is misreatment or disrespect and it's got nothing to do with dopamine why they stay.
    The part about the girls having bad childhoods is certainly true sometimes but ultimately this is a sweeping generalization that may or may not apply on an individual basis. Also dopamine, oxytocin, and other chemicals released by the brain are a MAJOR factor - that's not really a matter of opinion.

Let me ask you this, do you believe that everytime I fell for a bad girl I did so because I was abused as a child? Because I think I fell for them as a result of seeing said bad girl, chatting her up a bit, and getting horny and eventually being fascinated by her dark side.

My current gf is a "good girl" but I didn't choose her because I got over my childhood abuse (I was never abused as a child, just to clarify), I chose her because of necessity, as my personal experience told me it was unlikely for a relationship with a "bad girl" to work out long term. And because the crazy primative monkey side of my brain kept throwing these hormones and chemicals all over the place that made my cock hard around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup
    It takes more than love to maintain a healthy, happy functional relationship.
    Yes but we're merely talking about the appeal of bad boys, not the likelihood of a lifelong relationship working out with one.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 09-05-13 at 07:09 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234