+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it fine to date other people in the beginning of the dating game?

What does mean you want to be exlusive?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Why? Because i called you out on something?
    No dear because of the way you are.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Funny coz you dont know me. When someone asks me a qs or makes an assumption about me-ill answer them. Thats all ive done here.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    What does mean you want to be exlusive?
    Exclusive means neither of you are allowed to see anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Thats your opinion. In my opinion multiple dating is wrong especially if your sleeping with more than one
    It's not my opinion. It's how things are. This is what I mean by you falling back on the "it's my opinion" argument to justify whatever you write here.

A man or woman can date 17 people at once, if he or she chooses. Can you dislike that? Sure. Can you not agree with it? Sure. But the bottom line is, that choice is available to take advantage of, if a man or woman so desires.

It is absolutely not "wrong." No one has done wrong by dating a couple of people at once. And that is not up for debate.

Its fine if they are honest about it. But most people who do that are shady and its not common for people to approach dating that way -not where im from anyway. I never even heard of multiple dating till i joined this forum and where i come from-we call people like that players/attention whores

I just asked my bf and 3 of our friends "do you think its ok to multiple date when your just getting to know each other.

Bf said "no i wouldnt **** anyone around like that", one friend said "only with online dating coz they wouldnt trust people they meet online", another friend said "ive never done that-thinl its wrong" and the other said " only one person at a time"

The thing is, if you've not discussed it then its to be assumed that your are not in an exclusive arrangement so talking about it is moot. That is what some of us have been trying to get across. "It's fine if they are honest about it" The point is, its fine if you don't even bring it up too because no one should assume (at least outside of Europe it seems) that just because you're dating that your exclusive.

Now if someone asks are you dating others, then yes, I agree that is when honesty should prevail.

To add: I don't think anyone is questioning what you say about multiply dating where you're from doesn't happen. That's never been a bone of contention so it wasn't necessary to get backup for that particular point.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 11-05-13 at 03:53 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well i dont understand what im being questioned about then if its not that

that's okay.. Just forget it. I don't know how many times or ways it can be explained so that you do understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    The thing is, if you've not discussed it then its to be assumed that your are not in an exclusive arrangement so talking about it is moot. That is what some of us have been trying to get across.
    That's how it works in North America. As you said, were I'm from (and also where michelle is from), it is to be assumed that if a person is seeing someone, they aren't seeing anyone else. It's just normality here, as it is normal to assume the opposite where you're from. It's just cultural differences, neither approach is "right" or "wrong".

Yes.. that's been gone over already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    that's okay.. Just forget it. I don't know how many times or ways it can be explained so that you do understand.
    No i cracked a joke, you were pissed and accussed me of gaslighting, backpeddling etc like you always do every time you read too much into my posts. Round and round in circles we go as usual. I think you just like trying to prove me wrong

i tried to difuse this back on page 2 or 3, i didnt even react to all the shit you said but this still continues

That summation and the order in which you present it is your OPINION. I do notice that I wasn't the only one who called you on your usualness but I am the only one who keeps responding to your madness.

So I shall do like the trees and leave you to your own devices.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 11-05-13 at 06:35 AM.

Yes you always back away when your wrong and not just with me. The reason i call you out on it is coz your the one that keeps saying it.

Some newbie used your argument too but pfftt. Hes been here 5 mins

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast