+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it fine to date other people in the beginning of the dating game?

.. lol ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Guys, girls, I don't have time to see what gender you are ... but you are pathetic. This is a forum for discussions. That means everyone has the right for his/her own opinion. So if we could all stop flaming and throwing words at each other, that'd be great.

^^^^^^Win.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    It's not my opinion. It's how things are. This is what I mean by you falling back on the "it's my opinion" argument to justify whatever you write here.

A man or woman can date 17 people at once, if he or she chooses. Can you dislike that? Sure. Can you not agree with it? Sure. But the bottom line is, that choice is available to take advantage of, if a man or woman so desires.

It is absolutely not "wrong." No one has done wrong by dating a couple of people at once. And that is not up for debate.
    It is not "absolutely not wrong". It is not wrong in your opinion. I hope you will meet a girl, fall for her and then find out that she is dating you AND 16 other guys. Now please don't tell me things like "I'd be fine with it", try to imagine that situation happening to you and then decide if it's the right thing to do. Imo it only expresses selfishness and the guy/girl is like a robot with no feelings.

I mean, really ... first of all, how can you date 17 people at once? Second of all ... HOW CAN YOU DATE 17 PEOPLE AT ONCE?

Quote Originally Posted by tzz4fun View Post
    I mean, really ... first of all, how can you date 17 people at once? Second of all ... HOW CAN YOU DATE 17 PEOPLE AT ONCE?
    Well, it's possible..but it would be pretty callous. Would take being willing and deliberately stringing along those one has no intention of progressing further with..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Its fine if they are honest about it. But most people who do that are shady
    No, they're not. It's shady if you agree to be monogamous and then fail to uphold your obligation, as they are then actually being deceitful. Like I said - you have no right to impose obligations on someone that they've never agreed to - I'm still waiting for an actual rebuttal on this one.

I can tell you don't actually know very many people, if any at all, who sleep around and have had multiple partners. If you did you would know that they come from all walks of life. Extreme morals and no morals alike, and everywhere in between.

And to address the dishonesty issue, let's apply a little common sense here. To be dishonest you have to actually lie about something and to actually lie about something it has to be COMMUNICATED. You have no right to accuse me of dishonesty if you never even so much as communicate something for me to lie about.

And calling people like this "shady/players/attention whores/sleazy/narcissistic/whatever else" are petty insults with no evidence behind them that you're throwing around against people you know nothing about based entirely on the fact that they don't conform to one of your views, that's why you get called out so much around here. If you expressed yourself without dehumanizing everyone that doesn't live according to your preconceptions we might be able to have these discussions without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tzz4fun
    Imo it only expresses selfishness and the guy/girl is like a robot with no feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by tzz4fun View Post
    Guys, girls, I don't have time to see what gender you are ... but you are pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by tzz4fun
    So if we could all stop flaming and throwing words at each other
    Indeed, we can stop flaming and throwing words at each other....

....as soon as I get "what a fukkin hypocrite" off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    No, they're not. It's shady if you agree to be monogamous and then fail to uphold your obligation, as they are then actually being deceitful. Like I said - you have no right to impose obligations on someone that they've never agreed to - I'm still waiting for an actual rebuttal on this one.

I can tell you don't actually know very many people, if any at all, who sleep around and have had multiple partners. If you did you would know that they come from all walks of life. Extreme morals and no morals alike, and everywhere in between.

And to address the dishonesty issue, let's apply a little common sense here. To be dishonest you have to actually lie about something and to actually lie about something it has to be COMMUNICATED. You have no right to accuse me of dishonesty if you never even so much as communicate something for me to lie about.

And calling people like this "shady/players/attention whores/sleazy/narcissistic/whatever else" are petty insults with no evidence behind them that you're throwing around against people you know nothing about based entirely on the fact that they don't conform to one of your views, that's why you get called out so much around here. If you expressed yourself without dehumanizing everyone that doesn't live according to your preconceptions we might be able to have these discussions without any issues.
    Again that is exactly what I said. people who lie about it, who pretend to be something they are not. That is what I have a problem with.

Hey no one said dating was safe from being lied to, or dooped, you do take your chances, BUT you can make it safer by asking questions and stipulating your intentions and expectations. Remember how important communication is..... before, during and after a relationship.

Adults are dating more than one person probably because there is more choice due to internet dating. It's obviously a very popular method here in North America, and it's heading you way....in about 5 years the attitude towards dating is going to be the same as here..

yes and its fine as long as they say "hey im seeing 5people right now, would you like to be number 6"? and id say "no thank you" or "hey ive 3 **** buddies and im looking for one more" again id say "no thank you.

date as many as you want. Until you have a desire to only be with one then do as you please. You need only share how many when you either decide to date only one or become intimate.

OMG relax, I mean people who are casually dating, not seeing or f ucking people. If your bf was still screwing his ex when you first met you wouldn't have even know unless he told you.

lol i dont understand what casual dating even is. like i said it doesnt happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    yes and its fine as long as they say "hey im seeing 5people right now, would you like to be number 6"? and id say "no thank you" or "hey ive 3 **** buddies and im looking for one more" again id say "no thank you.
    As was said a number of times now... nothing would be said. Its up to the person who wants exclusivity to do the asking. If they don't ask, then no one is going to say.. what you've suggested they say. And yes, we know you don't know anything about casual dating because they don't do it where you're from so that's likely why you're not understanding and suggesting things that never would take place.

For the record. I would not be one of many either. I would, if I had to start dating again ask for exclusivity if we saw enough of one another to want to cut out anyone else I was going ****ing bowling or other ativities with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast