+ Follow This Topic
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it fine to date other people in the beginning of the dating game?

for me personally i wouldnt go on a date with a random peeson so i think id already know enough about him before we go out and i would make sure hes not seeing anyone else.

Online dating.. all you're getting is words without action until you actually go out on a date.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No offense Michelle23, but if any guy found out how much time you spent on a love advice forum you would never need to worry about anybody asking you out.

^^^ Troll .......
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

i have a bf of 5years. this forum is like facebook to me. passes some time

and id never go on a dating site WU if i was single

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    lol i dont understand what casual dating even is. like i said it doesnt happen here.
    That's because over the last 5 years you have never dated....you were still a teenager when you met right?

Let me guess, if a guy had a date on Wednesday, and then went on a date with you on Friday....that makes him a cheating asshole and can't be trusted? I feel you are a tad bit of a jealous person in general and could never cope as an adult dating. Since you haven't dated as an adult how can you say it's different there.....let me know how things go for you when you are single again.

Dating doesn't always have to be about looking for a committed relationship....dating can be for something to do, enjoy someones company, share an experience, or just hang out.....and during that time you might start to like someone more if it happens then great....but why would you have to date one at a time, that's just stupid. I have dated casually when I was 15, the guys knew about each other and didn't have an issue about it at all....I wasn't committed to anyone so they don't have a say what I do. I have also dated guys that were dating other girls...and it never bother me. I never imposed my expectations on them unless I was interested in being exclusive. Just because you say yes to a date doesn't mean you want them as your BF.....you can't possibly know unless you spend time getting to know them. There is nothing wrong with spending your time with someone no strings attached in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Dating doesn't always have to be about looking for a committed relationship....dating can be for something to do, enjoy someones company, share an experience, or just hang out.....and during that time you might start to like someone more if it happens then great....but why would you have to date one at a time, that's just stupid. I have dated casually when I was 15, the guys knew about each other and didn't have an issue about it at all....I wasn't committed to anyone so they don't have a say what I do. I have also dated guys that were dating other girls...and it never bother me. I never imposed my expectations on them unless I was interested in being exclusive. Just because you say yes to a date doesn't mean you want them as your BF.....you can't possibly know unless you spend time getting to know them. There is nothing wrong with spending your time with someone no strings attached in the beginning.
    Oh. Em. Gee. A rational response.

I guess some women expect to be put on a pedestal. Michelle gets emotionally invested almost immediately and is liftin her leg markin her territory so to speak.

We in europe dont see dating as platonic. If you see someone one to one that means you are interested in person more than just a friend.Yes some date multiple girls at time but its rare could be like 1%. Thats how you start relationship after all and dating multiple girls would be same as starting multiple relationships. First date dont really mean anything. Second date is teritory marking. Why should you go on a second date if you are not interested? And if you are interested why look for something else? I would like to date girl who takes dating seriously and dont go out with other guys. Otherwise it would be same as invest in a girl who have BF - no thanks its not worth it, theres no quarantee.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

you dont know me and thats not what im saying. im saying if i went on a date with someone and he wanted to see me again-i wouldnt waste my time if he was datingothers too.

and i dont get invested emotionally too soon. i keep my eyes wide open for red flags and every guy i ever went out with followed my lead. there was no commitment until i was ready for it and a lot of guys got none from me.

you think just coz i was only 19 when we met-makes me stupid? i do have single friends and i dont walk around with my syes closed.

dating here is different. i wouldnt consider myself a jealous person. ive never been jealous or paranoid in any relationship and if a guy made me feel that way-id just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    you dont know me and thats not what im saying. im saying if i went on a date with someone and he wanted to see me again-i wouldnt waste my time if he was dating others too.
    Same thing goes for me. I think it's because of the fact that in our social environment, it is unusual to date more than one person at a time. If it were the norm (as is in the USA or Canada), then who knows, maybe I wouldn't see the problem?

So if you are not interested in a relationship you never go out with the opposite sex for some fun? What a boring and uptight society.....thank god I live in Canada.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast