+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it fine to date other people in the beginning of the dating game?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Thats bending the rules to suit yourself ^^

Im glad the people I associate with have more integrity than you lot
    You're extraordinarily judgmental of people you don't know, especially for someone young and relatively inexperienced.

And no, it's not "bending the rules." If I am just dating, and not exclusive, I'm free to do whatever I want. So is she.

And yes, Starnique, I'm cool with whatever girl I'm dating doing what she wants with whom she wants. It's not my place to question what she does when we aren't exclusive. And it's not her place to question what I do. If she wants exclusivity, she can ask for it. I'm free to accept or decline.

There's an awful lot of vitriol coming from the women on this forum lately.

Next time you call anyone around her a narcissist, michelle I'm going to call you the pot calling the kettle black. I've never heard anyone toot their own horn around here like you do.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by HDBadger View Post
    You're extraordinarily judgmental of people you don't know, especially for someone young and relatively inexperienced.

And no, it's not "bending the rules." If I am just dating, and not exclusive, I'm free to do whatever I want. So is she.

And yes, Starnique, I'm cool with whatever girl I'm dating doing what she wants with whom she wants. It's not my place to question what she does when we aren't exclusive. And it's not her place to question what I do. If she wants exclusivity, she can ask for it. I'm free to accept or decline.

There's an awful lot of vitriol coming from some of the women on this forum lately.
    Fixed that for you, Badger.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Michelle, Are you implying that a decent respectable looking woman doesn't get toyed with? Thats not true. At least not where I'm at. Plus, you havent ran into the wrong type because you been in your relationship for a long time. If you actually dated more then what you have, surely you would have ran into a asshole at least one or twice.

No, Starnique..she's psychic, and perfect.

Okay, I dont know what you mean by that last comment but man or woman, if I feel like what you're saying is something I want to question or comment on then I will. I have a lot of relationship experience and I was just asking to get a male opinion on what I posted because I know for a FACT that a lot of men do sort of try to be flexible to suit their needs which is fine but its a FACT that most men in that scenario I gave will feel some sort of way about it. Maybe you wont but I know several that will and its all about being onesided. No vitriol coming from me. I'll call BS on a man around here or some silly ass broad if I have to.

Believe it or not I do still get asked out. being in a relationship doesnt make me invisible. I dont think im perfect. I just know what I want and I know what to avoid. Thats all im saying.

And wakeup you need to lighten up. You take everything I say way too seriously. Im bored at work and passing a bit of time. Thats all. Most the time Im laughing as I write here. Not blowing my own trumpet

If a guy takes out 2 different woman in a week (and none of them are deemed as "GF") doesn't make him a cheater, or lying bastard. I know plenty of people that will have a few dates lined up with different people....it's not wrong or bad to do this. Sorry girls but this is what it's like to date as an adult. Yes there can be times when you really hit it off and it turns into something, but the chances are slim. Been there and done that.

I'm not coming from a judgemental place where I haven't been through anything but act like I know it all either. I'm talking from experience btw. Personally, if you haven't been there its not nothing you can tell me. That person wouldnt even be on my level.
    Last edited by Starnique; 11-05-13 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    Michelle, Are you implying that a decent respectable looking woman doesn't get toyed with?
    What Im saying is: If all hes looking for is sex-hes gonna go looking for a girl who looks "easy"

Michelle, you will be married and guys will ask you out. I have been with my guy for 23 years, I'm 49 and I still get asked out.....it never stops, not even when you get to my age.

You know what michelle. after everything that many people have told you about yourself in this thread, you come at ME to lightenup. I take it that I'm the one that reads you correctly and it hits a nerve because there are a few in here that were a lot heavier on you then I've ever been.

Gaslighting e.g. You blowing your own trumpet over and over again and then coming back and saying "i'm not blowing my own trumpet.

The term Gaslighting comes from the Movie "Gaslight" where in the Male star of the movie tries to make the female star of the movie think she is insane by doing things and then telling her it must be her own imagination to the point where she does think she's nuts. He hooks it up so the gaslights in ther mansion keep flickering and she says "did you see that, the lights just flickered" and he replies "no they didn't"

Just because YOU say you're not doing it, doesn't mean you didn't.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 11-05-13 at 12:29 AM.

Im only judgmental of dishonest people and people who I feel are lacking in integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    What Im saying is: If all hes looking for is sex-hes gonna go looking for a girl who looks "easy"
    LOL! that is a load. You sound just like my mom.

The reason I wrote back to you WU is coz you are always the one reading too much into my posts and accusing me of this, that and the other. And believe it or not I actually respect your opinion way more than heheman which is why I ignore him half the time when hes calling me names or whatever.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast