+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my boyfriend ignore me? :((((

Quote Originally Posted by frankie.pierce View Post
    I dont know how to react, I feel used what do you think?
    ...Really? You really have to ask us how to feel about this?

Okay, fasten your safety-belt while we examine and highlight the key points of this post....

He contacted me today, he told me that he was getting too attached and he didnt want it, so its better for us to be just friends. I reacted very calm and friendly and said I agree. But then he also said to me that hes back with his ex and I ignored this information.
    ^ There you have it. He obviously was bullshitting you if he told you he's getting too attached and doesn't want it. The way he just jumped back with his ex means that he wants to get attached- just not with you... On top of that, any self-respecting guy that wants a relationship and does not have issues of their own would jump at the idea of getting attached to their significant other. This means that he's not only a liar but that his relationship with you didn't seem to mean too much to him, especially because he moved on so quickly.
    So, in short, you should be applauding his ex for taking a lying child off your hands. She did you a favor, OP, as hurtful as it is to hear.

What do I recommend you do now? First of all, get some distance from that prick and think about how much he's hurt you by ignoring you. Think about how completely inconsiderate and how contradictory his reasoning for ending it is because he obviously didn't waste any time between relationships. Second, you have to take time to cope and focus on yourself. Do the things that you like to do. Go out with friends and have a good time. OP, this is even the chance for you to go and make new friends. All you have to do during this time is let yourself heal. And third, once you do heal, grow from this and don't let any guy push you around like that again. Ease back into the dating pool and search for someone better who won't ignore you and treat you like something he can just throw away. Because you know what? You're worth so much more than that.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    So, in short, you should be applauding his ex for taking a lying child off your hands. She did you a favor, OP, as hurtful as it is to hear.
    you know what? you're so right, this is very helping, thank you so much. Now that he thinks we are friends again, I'm sure he'll contact me and the only thing I know I should do is to cut all ties with him. Thank you so much

what an ass. he got back with her without ending things with you first? my advice is to forget him and get on with your life. dont bother being friends. f**k him! or better yet-f**k his best mate-literally lol

you know what? you're so right, this is very helping, thank you so much. Now that he thinks we are friends again, I'm sure he'll contact me and the only thing I know I should do is to cut all ties with him. Thank you so much
    No problem- just keep remembering your worth. In the end, you'll find the right guy. It's just a matter of sorting out the immature children like him.

he told me he never loved her, didnt feel very attached to her, or maybe he lied, that's why I was very calm about this. I know his ex, we arent friends, but we talk sometimes ( she is very nice to me ) and she was very hurt about the break up. I was actually feeling very bad for her, its like I was enjoying her happiness and talked to my boyfriend , ( now ex ) about this and he said that things happen and she will be fine. I never agreed with him, but he broke up with her 4 months before he started to go out with me. I talked about her a lot with him, I always started the subject and he didnt seem bothered to talk about her, but not happy either. he was indifferent. Now I feel used and stupid for not seeing his actual reasons, he used me just as a rebound and then realised he cared for her. I thought I can be friends with him, but I just start to hate him :/

Hindsight is 20/20, OP. Look on the bright side- it's better to realize this now rather than never, right? I've known people who have been spit on time after time by their ex's. In the end, they just keep crawling back and making excuses. Be glad that you're not in a situation like that. Ignorance does not equal bliss, so you have the knowledge to grow from this experience and hopefully not get sucked into a guy like this later in life. I know it hurts and all you can think about is how all the signs are there...but don't beat yourself up. YOU were the one who cared. YOU were the one who had a true heart in this relationship. YOU are the one who is going to find someone so much better. It can only get better, OP. For now, take the time you need and focus on your own happiness. You deserve it.

its a kick in the gut OP but youll get over it. youll be fine. spend time with people who care and keep busy. youll meet a great guy soon. let her have him. everything happens for a reason and its good it ended sooner rather than later.

I'm actually happy for her ( I know is weird ) because shes a really nice girl. Now I'm trying to move on and be forgiving and try to think more about me. Thank you so much for your kind word, this is helping me so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12