+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my boyfriend ignore me? :((((

Why does my boyfriend ignore me? :((((

Help, Im feeling so hurt, I dont know what to do.

Me and my boyfriend are dating for one month now and we are very attached to each other, we talked everyday continuosly, we went out everyday. He always told me where he was going or what he was doing. He always texted me, then we had a fight two days ago, pretty bad fight and we were at a pub and he left angry. I texted him and apologized ( it was my fault ) and he said that we have to discuss in person this. I agreed and later that night he contacted me and we talked and everything went fine ( we talked on chat, because we didnt have time to meet in person ). then yesterday he went out of town with his family and he called me yesterday, and we texted at night and said that hes returning back today. today he returned and I was waiting for him to contact me, but he didnt ( he never does that ) I was him online and said: hey youre back. he diidnt respond, so after 5 hours i asked him why he does ignore me and what happed ( he was online ), he didnt respond this time either. and went offline after 15 minutes. he didnt call me today or text or anything. Im becoming mad, Im so hurt can anybody explain me?

Sounds like you two were way too attached, too early. He may be having second thoughts.

This fight was about his bestfriend, we didnt get along lately. and hes also very attached to his bestfriend. I dont know, maybe he thinks I dont like his friend and dont want him to hang out with him. I never said that, I respect his friendship with his friend, just we had some issues. I want to talk to him about this, but he wont contact me

How did the fight go down?

That day we had a date and he came with his bestfriend ( I didnt know he was coming, he didnt tell me ) so I was sad because of some problems with school and really needed to spend time just with him. so i was a bit irritated and his bestfriend started to make some jokes that irritated me and made some jokes back and told him to stop. his bestfriend got upset and told he was leaving us and I agreed, but my boyfriend was very upset about his friend leaving, even if he stayed with me. he asked me to go with him and his friends, but I didnt want to because I didnt want to see his bestfriend. so he just got very upset and left me there. I apologized over text and that night he contacted me and things seemed fine.

He definitely should've given you a heads up. You had a right to be irritated, but you should've handled it better and talked to him alone.

What jokes were made? Also, stop being so ****ing vague. Just tell the goddamn story.

You should try to get on with his friends. Your bf invited him without telling you so you should have been nice to the friend and waited until you were alone to ask him to give you a heads up in future.

Its only been a month so its notcworth getting so upset about. You should apologize to both of them and leave it at that. If he contacts you within a few days-great. If not forget about him and move on

You are smothering him. After a month of being together every single day, he was hoping to hang out with his best friend. He should have been more assertive about communicating with you, but you should allow your boyfriend to maintain his existing friendships. Don't you have any hobbies? Or friends of your own?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

some ironic jokes, nothing serious, i just wasnt in the mood for jokes and he didnt stop Im not smothering him, he is always the first who contacts me, I rarale text him first, for me this was strange too that he wanted to see me everyday, but after a while I was fine with it, I started to really care about him and now this
    Last edited by frankie.pierce; 11-05-13 at 08:52 AM.

Sounds like a hot and cold type of personality. You've been clinging to each other for a month, then he went away and the flair of your fling has started to wear off. This is what happens when you expect too much only a month into a relationship.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

To me, it seems like the honey moon phase is over and he's growing tired of it. It's a common problem of couples that spend way too much time together and talk too much to the point that they burn themselves out. By him ignoring you, I would say you're on a road towards disaster, as he's probably looking to gain some distance or end it. I know it hurts to hear, but if he truly cares about you, he won't ignore you no matter what. So my advice is to just be prepared to deal with that.

I apologized to his bestfriend via text this morning, I dont expect him to contact me anymore its really sad, because we were friends for 2 years and now even the friendship is gone

Quote Originally Posted by frankie.pierce View Post
    I apologized to his bestfriend via text this morning, I dont expect him to contact me anymore its really sad, because we were friends for 2 years and now even the friendship is gone
    Why apologize over text? A phone call is better than that.

Because I knew that his bestfriend wont reply or answer the phone, the rude comments I said werent so "rudee" after all, but I know that his bestfriend gets upset easily. My boyfriend told me that night that we should discuss this problem in person ( I mean we discussed via chat and then he told me that in person would be better ) and he wanted to explain me what happened between them. I think they got into a fight too because of me, but he wont tell me anything. If my supposition is true, I could ask them to meet all of us in person and discuss it like we did when we were friends, but with all this ignoring I dont know how to react. I decided to leave him alone. I still dont know what to do if he will contact me later to talk, because I feel like he will do :|

He contacted me today, he told me that he was getting too attached and he didnt want it, so its better for us to be just friends. I reacted very calm and friendly and said I agree. But then he also said to me that hes back with his ex and I ignored this information. I dont know how to react, I feel used what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast