+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like im faking this relationship..

I feel like im faking this relationship..

well without getting too in depth, this is my first relationship in like a year and a half, and its been going on about 6 months now. I remember when I was single, I always thought to myself about how much I missed being in a relationship. well basically, during that year and a half I was in another city, and I had practically no fun, I didn't party, hang out with my best boys, nothing cept pretty much work.

anyways, I got back into my home city, caught up with a girl from my past and she was into me, I was attracted to her, and its hard to explain when you haven't done the cutesy stuff like cuddling and movies, even as a guy in a really long time its kind of exciting, the chase, and benefeits of being in a relationship are just enjoyable and it was so long, so I had a motive but I feel like I settled for the first thing that came my way. and at first, I loved it, but she confided in me to much, she stresses a lot, to be honest shes also really dramatic, but she has like panic attacks and stuff. we kind of both, didn't trust each other and restricted each others social media communication. theres a lot of bottled up shit I hate about my relationship but... for some reason I FAKE like everything is fine.

Her parents drive me straight crazy. There very nosey, they interrupt everything, they worry about her constantly (were both adults fyi). they check up on her 5-10 times a day, they complain that we spend to much time away from there house, they nag about everything, like in a ridulous way. Like all day, saying the same stuff. for example if she has a sore throat, her mom will ask how it feels every 5 minutes for like an hour after taking cough drops (no joke). and if we DO spend time at her house, to please her parents, they don't even talk, they read, and get mad if you talk loud, or watch the news, and if we leave the room, we get interrupted all the time, or she nags and my girl and her mom will fight.

Im losing my mind, her mom gives her the worst advice "oh if your stressed just leave your job".

and worst then that, she WONT come out with me. and if I go out, she's all paranoid and texting me non stop and getting mad that I take more then 5 minutes to respond or missing a call. She never wants to go do exciting things. She just wants to walk to the river, and hang out in each others houses.

I think im just getting bored of it.
    I cant get her to come meet new people, or come out ever.
    the problem is, im in TO DEEP. Like I love a lot about her, and I tell her that all the time. Lately tho, I just say things like I love you, and your beautiful and just try to make her feel secure, but im so bored that im constantly thinking like of ways to avoid going to see her, and I feel like... ive been so contained, for so long, no partying, no bro time, no drinking, and honestly im ready to explode, and im probably gonna, and i need to get my life back, with or without her.

Rant done, thoughts and advice APPRECIATED <3

Hidemyid, it's time to leave. You know it and I know it.

Now, tell me about being in too deep. What's really holding you back from moving on?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Your not compatible-shes not the girl for you. Your unhappy and its time to end it

If you're looking for permission to leave her, you've got mine.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She would be a perfect match for the dude with his undies all twisted up into his crack over his GF not changing her facebook status. match made in heaven. Dump her.

WTF you askin' us for? You know what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    WTF you askin' us for? You know what you need to do.
    ^ This.

And if you're asking whether you should stay or go, the answer is obvious- go.

It's only been six months and the stuff that's bothering you now... well, that shit just gets worse. Time to leave, life's too short to hang around dude.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hidemyid, it's time to leave. You know it and I know it.
    Now, tell me about being in too deep. What's really holding you back from moving on?
    Im not to sure really, I feel like im emotionally invested. I feel like, im depended on by her emotionally. I care about her, and its hard to just up and leave there life I guess.

I also think I fear how dramatically she'd take it, like she's a ticking time bomb my word.
    Last edited by hidemyid; 12-05-13 at 02:56 PM.