+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can I save my marriage?

guys read his last post. The situation has drastically changed

Quote Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
    As of Saturday (or rather Sunday afternoon when I found out) night things got a great deal more complicated. Trying to give any details is pretty upsetting for me so I will just be fast and to the point. She went to a house party, wound up passing out after fewer drinks than she could normally have and then has patchy memories of something terrible happening. We've been to the hospital but it was too late for the tox screen to be effective. The nurse felt her experiences were consistent with having been drugged but having the urine sample taken so long after the incident makes it impossible to prove.

Everything else has become secondary to making sure she is okay. Working things out is on the back burner because, well, I am still the person who knows her best and I think best able to help her right now.

Does that mean that she has been raped? So now she will change her mind about the divorce?

Obviously, it can be saved. And it should be so. Essential stuff.

Update:

Things have been improving both for her and for us. She seems to be feeling much better day by day and she has taken the lead a little bit in terms of having us at least try to work things out. She told me the other night that she had realized that she had been blaming me for holding her back when I had not, that it had been her stopping herself from doing what she wanted to do for various reasons and it was easier to blame me than accept that she had work to do. We kissed, which was pretty exciting. We are agreed that we are currently still in a exclusive romantic relationship and she still refers to me as her husband when speaking to people.

Awesome progress, oberyn. Keep taking it one day at a time.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

thats great news glad your back on track

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oberyn - there are much better sites for situations like yours. I will PM you.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123