+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is a guy who lives at home a deal breaker? And...

Quote Originally Posted by nathoonder View Post
    I have plenty of money left, as I have saved up quite a bit before I started going to the club and I also budget my club expenditure, but she is the reason that I ask, because she recently mentioned on fb that her man has to have a job and his own place, so now I'm looking into getting my own place. Although my logical side is telling me to keep saving up for a house.
    So, let me get this straight... You already spent a grand on her...and now you're looking at getting your own place just to please her... OP, please tell me you're joking.

Let's say here, for example, you get your own place- a nice one given what you can afford. Now, in this hypothetical situation, that's great and all but that doesn't mean that she'll love you back suddenly or want you. You have to remember that you can't make someone love you back, so you need to start living your life for you. If you're happiest living at home and waiting to buy a house, live at home and wait to buy a house. Any woman that actually cares about you would understand when you explain the situation to them. Who knows? Maybe there's another woman out there who is trying to do the exact same thing.

Either way, I don't think this situation with the stripper sounds healthy at all. I think it's best if you move on. Life is too short for you to spend it attempting to please others and make them love you.

As for the stripper, having your own place isn't going to make her commit to a relationship with you....You are being a dumb dumb. Don't let your loneliness and insecurities help you make poor decisions.....all she's gonna do is empty your wallet. If you want a clearer perspective on your situation, talk to your parents about her......since you have a real close relationship with them, they will be able to give you the right advice on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    man you need help. sorry but you do
    How so? I don't understand.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends on age and why.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm 24 years old

How so? I don't understand.
    You're not in a relationship with her and thinking about moving out (which is a BIG deal) just to try to have a chance with her... Don't base your life around her, man. Not to mention, you've already blown a grand on her when you're not even dating her. At what point do you wake up and start seeing that you're being taken for a ride?

Idk, it's hard to explain, she means a lot to me. It's the closest thing to a relationship I've ever had, she's sweet to me, and she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I don't want to will that out of my life. I had the weekend off but since she also took it off (and I didn't get to see her) it felt empty as hell, I might as well have just worked it anyway.

As for telling my parents, they would not understand at all, they'd probably be furious at me.

As for telling my parents, they would not understand at all, they'd probably be furious at me.
    Yep, because they'd probably tell you that you're acting like an idiot. Use the brains you were born with. It's the closest thing to a relationship you've ever had? So that makes you so desperate to get this girl and you just can't see what a fool you are for doing all this. You need therapy because this is JUST NOT NORMAL.

They understand alright because they are adults....they would understand that you are weak and vulnerable because you never had any experience, and this girl, like a lot who are in her industry know how to prey on the weak for money. It's what they do.

I worked in a bar for over 4 years, and I knew plenty of strippers, male and female. Chatting up and flirting with the customers is just part of the job. Some, like yourself, buy into the fantasy with your hard earned cash. Seen it all the time. I feel sorry for you because you are not experiencing the real deal.

Idk, it's hard to explain, she means a lot to me.
    No, it's easy to explain. Like Smackie said, she's working you for the money. Not to mention, the fact that you felt extremely empty since you didn't see her for a weekend just goes to show how dependent you are on others for your happiness. Want a tip? Learn how to make yourself happy before trying to get into a relationship.

As for your parents, they want the best for you and would understand that you're being taken advantage of. You've had barely any experience with girls, man. Come on... Can't you just see that she's only happy with you when you've got the green? Your parents would flip shit on you, as I would if I were them, because you're just sitting back, opening your wallet, and saying, "HERE! Take it all!"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Depends on age and why.
    I'm 24 years old
    That's just part of what I asked. Do you have a good reason to still be living at home?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    That's just part of what I asked. Do you have a good reason to still be living at home?
    I'm saving money by living with my parents to one day buy my own home or at least make a sizable down payment.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    What the ****? What kinda 22 year old, ****, who in the hell can afford $2k rent per month?! That would mean not eating or drinking anything and working 90 hours a week and just dying.
    So I take it that $300pm wasn't a typo. I thought perhaps he meant $300pw
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It greatly depends on which region of the country you live in. Unfortunately, we have a national minimum wage that isn't a living wage in many regions, and the kind of jobs that college kids can get pay the minimum. In our current economy, it's so bad that people are glad to get those.

lalalita Guest
    24 isn't unreasonable to still be living at home, at least not in my area. is *she* still living at home?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast