+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is a guy who lives at home a deal breaker? And...

Is a guy who lives at home a deal breaker? And...

Okay, I'm in love with a girl who recently posted on facebook that she'd never be with a man who didn't have his own place. I don't have my own place, but I feel as if it's a logical and prudent decision. It's not like I do so out of necessity, I make 16.95 an hour which is well enough to sustain myself. I do so because I get along very well with my parents, I live literally right down the road from where I work and I'd like to save up to buy a house rather than continually paying someone 300 a month for a place I only want to occupy temporally.

Might as well kill two birds with one stone sorta speak and ask another question. How much do women care about looks. I think I'm decent looking but I have imperfection that I am constantly trying to amend and you could probably even say I have self-esteem issues deep down about my looks, despite being called being good looking by numerous women.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on how old you are... A lot of women won't tolerate it beyond a year or two post college, others are more tolerant.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Is a man living at home a dealbreaker? It's a complex equation. But to simplify, here's a yes and no at each end of the spectrum:

It's acceptable if he's 22, the cost of rentals $2000pm, he pays board to his parents and does his share of domestics.

It's unacceptable if he's 40, the cost of rentals is $300pm, he pays no board to his parents and doesn't help out.

Regarding looks: some women care and some don't. But I think it's fair to say that most women would like her man to at least make an effort with his appearance.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What the ****? What kinda 22 year old, ****, who in the hell can afford $2k rent per month?! That would mean not eating or drinking anything and working 90 hours a week and just dying.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    What the ****? What kinda 22 year old, ****, who in the hell can afford $2k rent per month?! That would mean not eating or drinking anything and working 90 hours a week and just dying.
    yes exactly. Which is why I said it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. That's the cost of rent where I live and most people live at home till they are in their mid-late twenties and a lot of house sharing goes on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If he hadnt spent 1000 dollars on an exotic dancer he might be able to afford his own place?

Everything else being equal, a woman would prefer a man with his own place. This is because of the additional privacy. If you don't have your own place and other men do, you are going to be less desirable to women. You need a place to take them to have sex with them. Unless you are alpha enough to get women to take you to their place. But a lot of younger women live with roommates, so they don't have a private place either.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    the cost of rentals is $300pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    If he hadnt spent 1000 dollars on an exotic dancer he might be able to afford his own place?
    Might aswell go live in dancers pussy.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 12-05-13 at 09:00 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Since you have a good job and living with your parents is temporary because you are saving for a house and you live so close to work, it shouldn't be a deal breaker and you should mention your intentions and circumstances to a girl that interests you. If it turns out that she is interested in a relationshiop with you, you should be open to make adjustments, like renting a place in a few months so that you two could have some privacy.

You say you have imperfections, but so does every person and every life. If you have a nice personality and you try to pay attention to the way you look, you have the same love chances that the majority of men and women have.
    Last edited by Valixy; 12-05-13 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It depends on how old you are... A lot of women won't tolerate it beyond a year or two post college, others are more tolerant.
    I agree with Vashti... If you're creeping up on 40, it might be a repellent...

As for the thing about looks, every woman has a different view on what constitutes as "good looks." And not every woman, as Basil said, cares about looks. To be honest, sometimes the ones who don't care about how the guy looks turn out to better than the ones who do. Every person is different in this world, OP.

We talking about your stripper here?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    We talking about your stripper here?
    Cue sound of nail being hit on head. Yep, he's spent 1000 dollars on her. Hardly surprising he's got no money left.

I have plenty of money left, as I have saved up quite a bit before I started going to the club and I also budget my club expenditure, but she is the reason that I ask, because she recently mentioned on fb that her man has to have a job and his own place, so now I'm looking into getting my own place. Although my logical side is telling me to keep saving up for a house.

man you need help. sorry but you do

It would be a turn off because you would look like you are not independent, which in turn looks undependable....just a perspective, not an accusation. Now if you were living in a basement suit at your parents house, doing your own laundry, your own cooking , cleaning and shopping that would be different. But since you probably have mommy doing most of those things for you, you look like a mammas boy and no woman wants to date a guy where she will be his mom's replacement. Get it? Instinctively most women look for a man that can take care of them, and their future babies....that is just the way it is. Some species of male birds and animals build the most extravagant nest as possible in order to attract a potential mate. Same with us. We would like to see the display of independence and self sufficiency from a man. As for physical appearance women (most not all) are more flexible than men are in that aspect. The feature that women find most attractive is confidence.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast