+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How to message a girl of interest and former good friend..

OK, so I did get a response....but I dunno if I got anything to work with.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

What'd you say/she say?

"Hey (name withheld)! I haven't seen you in awhile. How are you doing? How's life been treating you?"

"Yeah its been forever! I remember whenever I'd see you I'd pull over and give you rides home I'm good, finally graduating this semester. How've you been???"
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

That's good it seems like. The 3 questions marks can't be bad haha

I'm sure you live near her so in the next couple I'm sure you could say I'd love to get together and catch up or something like that. At least she didn't give a 2 word response. Seems like she is excited.

Good points. Thought so. Text is something I struggle with: in person, I tend to shine. So, sending messages is very very challenging for me. What do I say next?

I would say respond with something along the lines of "that's awesome. what are your plans after graduation? I've been good/great (with a sentence or two about what you're doing these days)"

After that she'll probably respond with whatever she has planned for after graduation. I'd say after that you don't really want to extend it too much further. Probably after her response to your next message say whatever you'd be most comfortable doing. Say "(whatever in response to her grad plans) i'd love to go grab lunch/coffee/drink/meet up at a bar and catch up sometime"

...****. I messed up BIG. I copied and pasted your first suggestion into a message so I could use it but substitute for my own words and accidentally left "(with a sentence or two about what you're doing these days)" and accidentally sent... X( Oh ****. I was trying to press Enter to space..

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Need to come up with an excuse quick!

Shit. I'm not smooth enough to concoct suave lies...

Only chance would maybe to say, I don't why that message formatted like that but it meant to say "once you replied to my message with your sentence or two about what you were doing these days, it made me realize how much older we are now that everyone is graduating." That's the best I've got

Thanks, man. Here's hoping I didn't totally screw up....

Just don't even acknowledge it like you possibly did. She'll be able to read that that lie is BS if you act like it. If it was a real typo/format problem, you'd forget it after you sent back the real message.

Oh well...it could just be another comical attempting-to-date mishap on my part...Another accidental "obliterated my chances before it even got started"..

Eh she might believe it. It'll probably be such a confusing message at first that she won't really understand anyways. I gotta get up in 5 hours but good luck man

Ask her out as soon as possible. Even right now. "Hey how about we meet up for some catching up ?" (Remember to remove the "s!)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast