+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How to message a girl of interest and former good friend..

Gotta wait for a reply on my blunder message...if I even GET one. Boy that's a farcical error, all right..Only I would do something like that..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

OK, miraculously my blunder was overlooked. So now the FINAL things I need help with and then I can proceed on my own is:

"Haha get a job I guess. I've gotta take care of my mom for a little bit cuz shes getting a hip replacement right after my surgery. Oh yeah I had a ton of knee surgeries a few years back. How is school going for you? Yeah its been quite a while. I still think back on our adventure days You still hang out with _____?"

Although I have always had sympathy and caring, never in my life have I ever felt comfortable enough to actually express those through words. I don't want to say something insensitive or disappointing.

ALSO...Does this message indicated she's trying to communicate that she's too busy or not interested?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

I think it could mean she's interested, but there is a small chance that she is trying to just be friendly. It's a little harder to get what a person means over text, but I'd say there's a chance the door is ajar.

The longer you keep talking to her online, the more useless it will be for you to ask her out.

First of all, answer her about that friend she mentioned (you still hang out with __). Then tell her you're sorry about her mother and if you someone close to you had the same kind of procedure, reassure her by telling her about your experience. Then say: "How about we meet for a coffee or something and we can catch up in person " or something similar. Be assertive, try not to pose it as a question. All of this has to be in the same message.

Do NOT wait any longer to ask her out.

Yep, Searock's right. Remember the Nike ads? They're true - Just Do It.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    The longer you keep talking to her online, the more useless it will be for you to ask her out.

First of all, answer her about that friend she mentioned (you still hang out with __). Then tell her you're sorry about her mother and if you someone close to you had the same kind of procedure, reassure her by telling her about your experience. Then say: "How about we meet for a coffee or something and we can catch up in person " or something similar. Be assertive, try not to pose it as a question. All of this has to be in the same message.

Do NOT wait any longer to ask her out.
    I don't remember if anyone in my family has undergone a similar experience so assuming I don't, is this lack of empathy an obstacle?

Oh, FFS - just do it.

Uhh yeah, I am going to and ask her out in the next message but I have to CRAFT it. With women, you don't just do things spontaneously: one has to be Machiavellian.

Stop overthinking. Just say what you feel like saying, without being afraid of sounding anything in particular. Whatever you decide to write, just make sure you ask her out.

SHE SAID YES! Do you believe in miracles?!! YEESSSS!

Care to share the details? What did you say?

....hand slapping forehead ! Lol. Too funny....obviously miracles DO happen!

Congrats.....your first date! Yeah!!!
    Last edited by surfhb2; 15-05-13 at 03:23 PM.

Well, does it really count as a date? I thought it was just meeting up and working my way to seeing if she would WANT to..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Well, does it really count as a date? I thought it was just meeting up and working my way to seeing if she would WANT to..
    Again: what did you tell her?

When are you meeting up?

I just said, "Derpa derp: How about meeting up for coffee or something sometime?" Something like that. She said "That would be great!" although we have to put it off until the end of the month: Finals and she is graduating next week plus I got possibly a new job to start and get acclimatized to..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast