+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice please

Advice please

Hi, im 21, in my last week of university and i've been in a relationship for nearly 6 months now. I really like her and for the first few months our relationship was great but recently its been going down hill. We don't talk as often as we used to and it always seems to be left to me to start conversations/texts/ arrange skype calss. She goes to the same uni as me and is also in her final year but for the last few weeks shes been living in her home town a few dozen miles away and just coming in when she needs to as she hates living here. Obviously this means I see her less often but it seems like shes trying to push me away. When I do see her its usually only to meet up for a coffee or hang out for a few hours. In the last few week's we've spend about 3 nights together and had sex once, and she didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about it. I honestly feel like im not even in a relationship anymore. Getting her to talk, or to visit is a struggle and she always has an excuse to not hang around for long or not to stay the night. Recently she agreed to stay at mine for the weekend after coming into uni for her final exam. She turned up a few hours later than she planned at mine, she didn't bring her over night bag which instantly told me she had no plans to stay. She later mentioned she was looking forward to going home later. I asked what happened to spending the weekend together and she said she'd forgotten and she wasn't feeling too well - for the record she'd mentioned feeling a bit ill the night before. She seemed annoyed when I was annoyed that she'd ditched our plans but later on we went back to mine and after some awkward silences she began to cuddle up to me as we watched a film. She seemed perfectly happy when she left later and kissed me goodbye several times. We agreed to meet up a few days later. That night I text her to see how she was feeling and she seemed happy enough but killed the conversation. No asking how I was, what i'd been up to. No mention of the abandoned weekend. I wanted to talk about it so I brought it up, saying i was unhappy how little we saw of each other now. She suddenly changed and became quiet apologetic. She said she was worried that we wouldnt see each other much after uni when we both went home and she was concerned that my plans to join the RAF meant we wouldnt see each other. I reassured her that I would make sure I always found time to visit her and would work hard to keep the relationship going. If she wanted to stay together. I made a point of saying that several times but she never directly answered it. She said she hadn't meant to be distant and she was sorry for it and that being nervous about our future was stressing her and making it hard to enjoy any time we have together. Since then - that was 3 nights ago- we've barely spoken. I've tried talking to her several times but she still seems distant and frequently kills the conversation. Today she had a job interview at 2. I asked her to text me how it went and so far I've heard nothing from her - I dont really expect to. I really am at the end of my tether now. I really like her but she is pushing me away constantly. Yet I have basically given her the chance to say how she feels and given her a direct chance to end it if shes unhappy and she hasn't. This has been going on too long now and I'm ready to finish it. What do people think? Is she being genuine and pushing me away because shes worried or has she just lost interest? I've basically been doing all the work for about a month now and she just makes things difficult.

She's having second thoughts. Big time. At least she's told you why, but seemingly she hasn't got the guts to end it and is taking the easier (but longer) route of distancing herself further and further until you do the break up. I'd let her go, you're wasting your time.

Cheat on her, then dump her. Or just tell her you cheated on her, then dump her.

You should give a serious punishment to her. Then she will realize the things.....

She wants you to break up with her, because she rationally thinks it's the right thing to do. I think you should confront her and demand honesty from her part. Ask her directly if she wants to break up with you. If she says that she doesn't, tell her that she is acting as if she did. Tell her you are breaking up with her unless something changes in your relationship and she gets closer to you again. Give her a week and if nothing changes, text her something final like "Our relationship is over. Sorry it came to this but you left me no choice. Have a nice life." and don't contact her again.