+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Refusing attempts to make up with egirlfriend because she's a self proclaimed cheater

Refusing attempts to make up with egirlfriend because she's a self proclaimed cheater

Hi All,

My girlfriend of 4.5 months and I broke up over the weekend. Our brief relationship from the beginning has always been a tumultuous one, as we are constantly having misunderstandings and calling it quits just to make back up a few hours or a few days later. No exaggeration, I swear we haven't made a solid month without having a blow up where she tells me to go kick rocks. She is usually the one who calls it quits, BTW.

Anyway, this last blow-up occurred because supposedly I was not texting her back fast enough (over 30 minutes) and not seeming enthusiastic enough to hang out for day #3. She was considering going out to dinner with some of her friends/co-workers, so when she said that she'll do that instead, since I didn't seem to be in the hanging out mood, I said "ok, that's fine" (via text). She then responded that I was "such an asshole" and (hold your chairs) "I'm just gonna end up cheating on on u bcuz I'm not getting what I want out of this relationship, so I'm just going to let it go....etc...etc...yada...yada...no hard feelings". After that line, that was it for me. For one, it didn't help that in prior conversations, she's confided to me that she's pretty much cheated on every boyfriend she's ever had and that she trying to be a better person now. Two, I got out of a marriage because my spouse was being unfaithful, so to hear this was really a sore spot for me.

Flash forward, every day since the break up text, she's been trying to mend the situation, but I am unwilling. Her argument is that when she is angry, she says has no filter and will say whatever because her feelings are hurt and that those were just words and that she would never cheat on me. My angle to this is basically that anger doesn't excuse someone from saying things that are harsh and utterly disrespectful because certain things you can't take back. Especially, something like that. If and when she is supposedly sooo hurt and in a blind rage for something I didn't do to her liking, who is to say that at that particular moment and if the circumstances are right, she wouldn't make good on her threat and cheat??? It's bad enough, she has a few ex-beaus still calling and texting her, trying rehash past flings.

Am I wrong for not bending on this one?

You should make the break up official and run from this unstable, destructive person. I have no idea why you put up with this drama for 4.5 months.

You're absolutely right - anger does not excuse someone from saying what this girl does. If I were you I've be saying "you asked for a breakup - and you got one. Get the F out of my life"

Unfriend her on FB, stop taking her calls and send her emails straight to trash.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Stop telling her that is the reason its over. If you want to get rid of her for good-just say "im not into you, your not my type and ill never love you" I bet youll never hear from her again. If you keep saying "I dont wana be with a cheat" shell just keep saying "im not a cheat" and youll go round and round in circles. Be harsh, blunt, to the point and get rid of her fast