+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Overthinking? What Next?

Am I Overthinking? What Next?

Okay, it has been four days since I lasted texted a friend I have known for about 2 years, and he has not responded to my text, “I don’t take it back, what did you reply to me (trying to find out what a deleted message said after I texted him I like him)?” I am up in the air whether or not he is just busy with his last three exams for school or is genuinely not interested in being more than friends. He previously asked, “Do you take back what you said?” I replied with “You said we were friends, and if I do (implying I like him), are we still friends?” and he replied, “Yes we definitely are.” I am left wondering if that was the official friend zone or that he feels the same. All this is after a Scottish whiskey debacle where I evidently confessed I think he is extremely sexy and that I like him as more than a friend, and where he replied, “We will talk about this when you are sober.” Damn, damn, damn, my drunk texting. Why can’t I just end up praying to the porcelain goddess like a normal college student?

Ugh, you know what? I feel shallow and mildly annoyed with myself. I do like him. I like him a lot, but if he doesn’t feel the same way, I need to move on. I keep thinking about texting him…. But I ALWAYS contact him first. It would be nice for him to show a similar initiative. He seems worth it, but I am not a fan girl. Well, okay, I am but in the normal sense of the word, for Doctor Who, ya know? Alright, I am resolved to not text him first this time. If that means he does not text me, I will move on. There are other sexy, nerdy, kind Mexicans in the sea, right? Ugh, that deserves a face palm.

I'm sorry Hobbitlover, try as a might - I cannot follow the chain of events and what this texting was about.

But I'm assuming the basic question is "is he into me?" And the answer is No, he's not. A guy who is into you won't go AWOL for four days.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ya I agree. I dont think hes interested. If he was hed contact you first (at least half the time) and hed be eager to get the ball rolling and take you out as soon as he realized you like him

I am thankful for your responses. I think I really needed to read that for the push to get over this infatuation. I am tired of spending time thinking about him, and I have too much going on to be this worried. I really appreciate your opinions. I don't think I was really ready to admit it.