+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Physical Attraction

Physical Attraction

My boyfriend of two years is saying he's having difficulty being attracted to me at the moment. I haven't changed in the way I look since we got together but we've had some relationship problems and I think he's starting to look at me differently. I think most of the problems we have can be fixed (and we seem to be doing really well!) but how do you fix a problem with attraction? I wonder if any other guys have had this and if their girl's managed to fix it!

I guess in a lot of cases, it just happens after a while. Some people get bored of their partner no matter how good their partner looks. You can eat the best meal 2 years in a row, eventually you might get bored of it. It's similar with sex. Guess this brings up the whole monogamy vs polygamy debate. Nothing strange yet no one wants it to happen to them. Huge blow to the ego.
    Although somewhat understandable and yes, I do think most people at least fantazise about other people while in a relationship.
    If i were you...I'd deprive him of sex. When he wants it, tell him you don't feel like it. Maybe he just has it too easy. Doesn't appreciate what he has. Make him learn a lesson. Or break up if he really wants to be with other people. Or get even. Here and there, mention how some other guy looks good. See how he feels when you drool over some athlete's arms or abs or something. Make him respect you.

Perhaps there are aspects of your physical appearance that he didn't really like but was happy enough to accept them because other aspects of the relationship were good? Perhaps if the relationship is having problems he's feeling less likely to accept other 'faults?

I would venture to say that someone else has become more attractive to him, lessening yours in his eyes, since you haven't changed.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest