+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 4 weeks OF DATING, AND he went cold, no calls texts and things were going good..

4 weeks OF DATING, AND he went cold, no calls texts and things were going good..

Hello Everyone

I have been dating someone for about four weeks. During that time we saw eachother about 1-2 times a week because of work and we live about an hour apart. We text and called one another about 15-30 times daily. Things did move along very fast and thats something I personally dont like but sometimes these things feel so out of control. The relationship became both sexual and a bit emotional ofcourse from my end at least. There was more though,we went out, liked the same places, the same interested in food,music activiities. Everyone just seemed right. It didnt feel rushed and from the impression I got He was comfortable . WE are attracted to one another like crazy and the chemistry is wonderful. however I noticed him pulling away a bit . He would go hot and cold with me and this was a little confusing. WE didnt have a talk or anything and the last time we spoke things were good,but I decided that maybe he needed space. I did not text or call him for three days, guess what surprise or no surprise HE didnt text or call me. DURING THOSE THREE DAYS I MISSED HIM LIKE CRAZY it was so hard not knowing why we were having this break but I just knew it needed to be done as he seemed distant lately. Well Today after reading about 1,000 do's or don't on the internet about dating I finally sent him a simple text "hey how are you" I didnt act needy, clingy or desperate. I never said I missed him. He text me back right away "been good, what are you up to" and we exchanged about 4-5 texts. Nothing sexual or romantic just friendly. IM confused. Whats going on. Do you think I still have a chance? . Honest and serious answers please.

go with ur gut. u know its right

happened to me. she went from so hot to cold was weird. i stayed and pursued it cos i really liked her a lot . i got hurt in the end
    bit different cos u actually met him lol but read the signs

Did you invite him to do something with you when you chatted or did you expect that he should ask you to get together again?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

aww thats sweet. I guess being a girl I dont want to go psycho on him lol and make him feel overwhelmed. IM glad I gave him 3 days which may not seem much but in the dating world after four weeks, these three days seemed like eternity lol. And its the beginning stages so I felt he may have had a change of heart.

lalalita Guest
    That early in a relationship, even men who turned out to be horrible at reaching out later in the relationship, reached out at least daily. He should still be excited to talk to you if he is interested in you.

You're double posting, so I'll copy and paste from the main board:

He didn't get comfortable, he got bored. Be careful assuming chemistry and connection is a two way street after a few weeks of dating.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

^^^^^ That's more likely what happened. Sorry to say but its true. For me personally, if I meet a guy and within those couple of days or our first conversation, I already know if I'm going to keep in contact with him. If you dont make a lasting impression the first time we talk, then it's like, theres no excitement there. Done deal. It has to be something that attracts me to him and keeps me wanting to stay in touch with him. Almost like he is in my head, like yeah, I want to get to know him.