+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A relationship I want to save

A relationship I want to save

Hi all,

Well here goes;

My fiancee and I have been together for over 6 years, first meeting in college in our teens. We moved in together last year and got engaged around the same time, wedding is coming up in several months.

For the past while she has been unhappy but I never really took notice of it. Since moving in, I've been quite lazy in terms of doing chores etc.

I recently got a new job and I've been a bit cocky without really meaning it. I also don't put my heart into a lot of things, mainly because I feel like I didn't need too.. she would always take care of things, she was the dependable one. This was never the case when we didn't live together but I sort of just became mellow and not caring as much... which is wrong.

She recently said she was really unhappy, that she didnt want to get married as well as me not being dependable and her having to either do things for me or tell me to do things.

Now I love this woman so goddamn much and I don't want to lose her. I know I personally need to get better in terms of being more dependable, more of a man, doing my part around the house.

We recently took some space, a couple of days away from one another.. it was tough but I think it helped a bit... although we spoke today at length about our situation.

She's agreed to couples therapy to try and help the situation...

I just want to get some feedback or advice, I don't want to lose her, she is the world to me.

Thanks so much for the help.

Tell her what you've just told us. Then listen to what she has to say.
    Without good communication NO relationship will work.
    Good luck.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You admit you've been lazy, uncaring, cocky, and undependable. In addition to therapy, maybe you should just stop being such a twat?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

you should listen to her and give her proper time