+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you know if your exclusive ???

How do you know if your exclusive ???

So I went out to a BBQ and met this guy who hit on me he seemed very interested and so was I .. He called right away and has been calling every day since we met !! He is a musician and therefore we haven't had that much time to meet up besides for a few dates which were great .. He says he likes the fact that im unique and not like all other girls (jumpin in the sack with him right away) we haven't been intimate yet as I like to get to know someone first .. We've been dating for about 3 weeks and have lots of fun when were together .. The other night he came back from a concert and was exhausted but still came to see me .. Then a few days later we were talking and I told him that it seems he barely has time for himself .. He answered well if I had a girlfriend then maybe I would book less concerts .. As I didn't quite know how to react I was just silent and then he started laughing so I said to him ... Are you testing me ?? And he was like well I don't quite know what we are yet so I said well we are getting to know each other and have a great time together why jump to definitions ? .. I sort of regret saying that because I do sort of want to know where we stand .. He replied that he liked my answer and that I'm so different than other girls in that sense ... Guess I'm not
    I'm not quite sure what this is but he calls every day and tells me where he is and what he's up to and when he's not on concert we meet up .. We have great chemistry and he told me he is looking for a serious relationship ..

Any comments will be highly appreciated

Tell him that you would like to be his girlfriend and for him to be your boyfriend...

Id say be wary of him tbh. A lot of musicians are cheats and you said most girls hop straight into bed with him. Thats a red flag.

I think you are doing exactly the right thing - getting to know him. Kudos to you! Staying in the, "grey," area of not knowing exactly what is happening is difficult but necessary. Don't be pushy. Let him do the pursuing! Ann
    Ann

Whatever you do, when you're ready to advance your dating to a sexual relationship, ask him for exclusivity then. If he won't give you that, then you're with someone who isn't ready for "a relationship" (at least not with you) even if he's telling you that's what he wants.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wow you guys are so helpfull !!! Thanks a million god bless

You gave him a great answer! Dont do anything about it anymore or regreting about what you said. Enjoy seeing him for now, when you ll see he wants to take it to the next level or tries to have sex with you. Tell him what you want. Untill then enjoy it