+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on guys opening the door for you?

Thoughts on guys opening the door for you?

At this point in time is it just considered cliche and dumb? How do you feel about it? I for one enjoy opening doors for the girl I'm with.

Yes, I enjoy it! It shows a true gentleman. It's ridiculous that it has to be questioned nowadays because so many females accept less!

Okay, I do it all the time but yeah I obviously question it by posting for advice here lol.

my thoughts or a girls thoguhts? hmm as a guy i think nice and a real gentleman. As a girl i think loser and doormat. If u want to get a girl dont do this shit ever in ur life!

Ya, it is cool. Part of being a gentlemen. But don't freaking open the door thinking you are a gentlemen when you won't even pay for the first date.

Absolutely not true. Not even! Listening to the above will get you the type of person you don't want in your life.

i wouldnt think much of it either way. if he left the dood close in my face-id be fairly pised but i wouldnt think "wow hes great" just coz he opened a door lol. it would take a lot more to impress me.

its not attractive if hes fidgety, nervous, going out of his way to please etc. it should be natural

For me, I like how traditional it is, but I find it REALLY awkward when I'm on a date and a guy opens a door for me. It makes me wonder if I'm being good to the guy, and as a result I tend to try to open the next door for him (like if it's a tiny anteroom with another door further inside). And then I wonder if I'm being good to the guy because some of them insist of having me NOT open a door for them even when they open one for me... :S This is why I do much better online than in person...

Erm...but the idea is excellent, and I think it's nice. I like to think of it as a notion the guy is considerate.

My rule is, guy or not, always try to open doors for friends or guests: that's just plain being polite to your company, whether or not you're dating them.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

I've paid for all the date and they're very expensive -_-

Quote Originally Posted by lamobatsman View Post
    my thoughts or a girls thoguhts? hmm as a guy i think nice and a real gentleman. As a girl i think loser and doormat. If u want to get a girl dont do this shit ever in ur life!
    Thanks for the advice, I don't really mind if she sees me as a door mat though

I find it a bit awkward frankly.

Never met a girl who found it awkward. ....that's different.

Anyway.....big props to the ladies to reach over and unlock my car door afterwards as I come round to get in

Well, it's just that I'm used to opening my own doors so it's awkward to wait until the guy has opened it for me. I subconsciously view it as an obstacle in my way, having to wait.

This doesn't apply to the door of a guy's car: I think it's nice if he opens it for me. It's like he's giving me permission to enter his car, and he's taking care of me in a way.
    Last edited by searock; 17-05-13 at 06:22 AM.

I'm a bit old school. I open doors, open the car door, pull out the chair, carry the heavy stuff, and pay for the date. I believe chivalry is not dead...well at least for me.

And anyone who says you are a pussy or a doormat for doing so is an IDIOT.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 17-05-13 at 06:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast