+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help to become attractive

Well, as usual, one day in and my optimism has waned. I ain't cut for this; this is a MAN'S job and I ain't no man. Gonna put in applications for other jobs, even drop $3 in wage, maybe a gas station attendant or Dollar Tree cashier....I could see a gas station cashier getting a girl but I am pretty sure I'd have to hide where I work if I was a Dollar Tree cashier.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Does anyone who lives in the O.C. know where I can learn to dance such as how they do at clubs? And I mean, CLUBS clubs, not salsa clubs: young adults don't go there. That isn't the COOL dance.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Does anyone who lives in the O.C. know where I can learn to dance such as how they do at clubs? And I mean, CLUBS clubs, not salsa clubs: young adults don't go there. That isn't the COOL dance.
    cool people ? why do you want to learn nightclub dancing ? Salsa Dancing attracts a lot better variety of girls then the phoney types you normally get.

What makes you think that young adults don't go to Salsa Clubs, i've seen lots of 19-20+ go to these.
    Why do you stereotype these places ? your mainly know of California, that is the problem and you try to fit in with that crowd, which i don't know why you want too.

P.S. we're like total opposites, you are in favor of those night clubs where you get the fake people and i am more in the latin style of dancing.

You just can't appreciate normal people, that's all.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 20-05-13 at 02:38 PM.

Fitting in with that crowd is everything in life, man! But you're saying salsa is popular? There is a class here that I was thinking about taking.

Fitting in with that crowd is everything in life, man! But you're saying salsa is popular? There is a class here that I was thinking about taking.
    Ya it is here especially, highly recommend Salsa classes ... and that is not all you learn in these.
    Bachata, Merengue, Reggaeton, Mambo ... are also some styles that can be taught.

You need to broaden your horizons, and not just act like them,
    because you think you'll attract a lot of girls, but they are the most
    despicable people known.

Unfortunately, the classes are during the week, when it looks like I'll be working the early afternoon to late night shifts..

Ok you opened a can of worms here with me. I believe attractive is an attitude not a look. That being said however, I wont tell you what store to shop at, your look is your look, I will however let you in on the fact that if you are well groomed and put together and wear the clothes you do buy correctly and are comfortable on your own skin and clothes, you will instantly become more attractive. Weather or not you are wearing jeans and a t shirt or a 3 piece suit.

Well, got fired from the job after 1 day's training. SO now it's summer school with a dance class on campus and a fitness course in the gym....

Get Yo Fashion On! A few tips...

My good man! Cheer up b/c today is a great day! You finally get to work on your look to head down the path of being a ladies' man.

The interior: First, you have to work on that "stop being ugly" mentality. I can GUARANTEE you that no matter how good you or your clothing look, you will absolutely repel woman if you truly believe you are ugly in your mind.

Some recommendations: Read up on how to develop a positive mindset. It's as simple as googling "how to develop a positive mindset" and reading away from the infinite amount of blogs and material out on the internet. In addition, look for a few reads on "social skills". An example of a site that focuses on social skills and first impressions: "Dynamic First Impressions."

Doing these two things will start to prepare you internally for the right mindset and right set of skills needed to approach and interact with women and people in general.

The exterior: Do you want a little free advice on clothing suggestions? Try Nordstrom. I believe they still offer a free personal styling appointment. Google "does nordstroms have clothing consultants" and look for one of the first links. If that doesn't work out, try going to another department store or smaller boutique store on a WEEKDAY like Monday or Tuesday. On those days, workers are bored out of their mind and are more than willing to help you find what fits you well.

Some general rules given your height:

Your overall goal is to create the straightest and most streamlined look possible. This is achieved by getting rid of excess fabric and being careful not to use contrasting colors that can bring attention to where the legs meet the waist and the ankles.

- Look for shirts that have a strong vertical stripe which naturally add visual length to a shorter frame
    - Tucking your shirt in is a must. You don't want a long shirt hanging over your waist making you look like a big kid
    - Regarding slacks and dress pants, stay away from cuffs because they cut the line of the leg. You want the longest line possible from the waist to the ankle
    -Shorter men tend to have shorter necks so look for shirts that have a low or no collar. A good example of this is a typical polo shirt
    - Stick with darker shoes that don't bring attention to where your leg ends at the ankle. In general, avoid white or lighter shoes when you wear jeans.
    - Regarding your belt, pants, and shoes, try to follow a monochromatic color scheme in general. A monochromatic scheme is when you use a shade of the same color for all three of the items. Let's say black, grey, and dark grey. You want to do this b/c the colors tend to blend in together thus not cutting the leg line.
    - The "leg line" simply refers to the area between your waist and your ankles. This is the line you want to keep as long as possible.

Get to it buddy! Less writing and more doing!
    Last edited by babybesocial; 22-05-13 at 03:24 AM.

Well, got fired from the job after 1 day's training. SO now it's summer school with a dance class on campus and a fitness course in the gym....
    Wtf. What happened?

They found an experienced guy. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    cool people ? why do you want to learn nightclub dancing ? Salsa Dancing attracts a lot better variety of girls then the phoney types you normally get.
    As a fellow Canadian, I couldn't disagree more. As a matter of fact, being a non-salsa dancing phoney myself, I have yet to lose a woman to a salsa dancer who isn't phoney at all. It may however be a good way to meet women.

What makes you think that young adults don't go to Salsa Clubs, i've seen lots of 19-20+ go to these.
    Why do you stereotype these places ? your mainly know of California, that is the problem and you try to fit in with that crowd, which i don't know why you want too.
    Because it is his home Kromat, a sense of belonging, no matter when you live, makes people feel human. He lives in California, and knows California, so let him be California.

P.S. we're like total opposites, you are in favor of those night clubs where you get the fake people and i am more in the latin style of dancing.
    I don't see the correlation that makes you "opposites", you like Salsa, and he wants to get laid. That is the only thing I see here.

You just can't appreciate normal people, that's all.
    Wow bro, this is a wild assumption about him as a human being, considering that normal Ontario and normal SoCal are completely different types of people.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

lol! apparently having old clothes is equated with ugly lol

but then women are picky on who they chose for dating.. :/ it's the shoes mate.

bulk up to, this one guy barthelfitness on youtube is kind of ugly when he was skinny, he bulked up though in 3 years and he's a BEAST

he's most likely a hot ticket with ladies.

girls do like man-tits, the bigger muscly ones the more ladies you'll snag... women are just as shallow as men, just sayin' the truth

different sets of pushups for different arm-back areas, learn the pullups do some weight intervals ladies man in no time (8months possibly less depends on commitment)
    Last edited by SmthJay; 23-05-13 at 07:40 AM.

dude, I live in the O.C. too!
    atomic ballroom, though it's highly competitive

it's like a roosters den with hens
    unfortunately for me, I'm a definite homo but I'll be glad to offer advice

Wait, wait, hold up.."atomic ballroom"? "Roosters' den with hens"? You're going a mile a minute there. I just found a Contemporary Dance I course at the college I go to which I signed up for this summer/

Know of any good youtube dance instructors or sites?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast