+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help to become attractive

Need help to become attractive

I just started a job so I can finally afford new clothes and start to stop being ugly. Now I was PLANNING on asking a friend of mine who's a girl if she could tag along with me to the mall to give me fashion advice but one of my other friends is going out with her now and so I don't think she is free to give advice to me and this is where YOU come along: what stores should I go to to buy reasonably priced clothing and which will help me transform from ugly guy to guy that girls will offer their number to?

There's Abercrombie, Macy's, Gap, Holister, a bro store, the usual. Which of these should I purchase clothes at? Somewhere else?

Also, what are the general rules of fashion? I'm 5'6, 127 lbs and consequently a bit of a challenge to makeover but I'm willing to do whatever you say I should to quit being ugly.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

How about Banana Republic? Or Nordstrom's Rack? Ask the sales person for help. And, why do you say you're ugly? I doubt you are. I hope you start thinking of yourself as handsome with a sparkling personality......that way you will be. Good Luck, you handsome, fun, dude! Ann
    Ann

I can ask for help at a store?! That would be FANTASTIC! And I'm obviously not attractive because there are no reasonable grounds for believing so: I don't get checked out nor do girls flirt with me. I always get told I look like I'm in high school and I don't get random girls messaging me.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Yes, you can ask for help at a store. Nordstrom has personalized shoppers who put together individualized kewl outfits for people.
    Flirting is just flirting. You're 22 and look young for your age......in a few years you will be happy about that! LOL You'll meet the right girl who will be much more serious and dedicated than the superficial texters and flirts are. Be handsome! Each and everyone of us is! Have fun getting some new clothes! Ann
    Ann

yes, you can ask for help at a store. But bear in mind that the people in the store are there to SELL their products. If you try it on and hate it - don't buy it no matter what the assistant says. If you hate it in the store, you'll still hate it at home.

I was recently in a store and took a dress and top into the changeroom. The assistant helped by bringing in a few other pieces. I bought two extra pieces from what she brought in....and later returned one because I was crazy for buying it.

While it's not foolproof, my rule for shopping is "if in doubt, don't". My other rule (for when the first rule fails me) is keep all receipts and tags in case I change my mind.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I asked some random women their opinion about a dress I tried on today, and they were happy to give feedback. If you need help buying clothes, then ask someone whose taste you like to go shopping with you, or ask someone nearby that doesn't care if you buy or not.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I asked some random women their opinion about a dress I tried on today, and they were happy to give feedback. If you need help buying clothes, then ask someone whose taste you like to go shopping with you, or ask someone nearby that doesn't care if you buy or not.
    Exactly. I was discussing shoe purchases in a store today with a woman I'd never met
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

And sorry....belated congats on the new job. Well done!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's your new job? (congrats)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You should, IMO, take a guy to go with you. Someone who knows how to shop for himself without the help of a chick. If you notice that all mens stores of value have male staff helping.

.... and ditto on the congrats for the job scoop.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    reasonably priced clothing, transform ugly guy to guy that girls will offer their number to?

I'm 5'6, 127 lbs
    I think you need to start eating more and hitting the weights, as you really
    don't need much cardio, but 2 or 3 times a week, and maybe 3-4 times
    weights until it becomes a routine.

I was 166 Ibs at my lowest at 5'7, and i was pretty fit, but now tend to be
    around 170-175 and you seem to have more of a women's physique, which isn't good.

You shouldn't be around 125-135, because we tend to have more muscle,
    and at your height, you should be around 140-150 Ibs.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 19-05-13 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What's your new job? (congrats)
    Thanks! The job is Battery Service Tech..

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You should, IMO, take a guy to go with you. Someone who knows how to shop for himself without the help of a chick. If you notice that all mens stores of value have male staff helping.

.... and ditto on the congrats for the job scoop.
    Hm. Hadn't thought of taking a guy but your idea seems good.

And thanks! Thinking of quitting, though. Too retarded to do this line of work; I just saw a gas station attendant opening. Seems more like my kind of work,.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    yes, you can ask for help at a store. But bear in mind that the people in the store are there to SELL their products. If you try it on and hate it - don't buy it no matter what the assistant says. If you hate it in the store, you'll still hate it at home.

I was recently in a store and took a dress and top into the changeroom. The assistant helped by bringing in a few other pieces. I bought two extra pieces from what she brought in....and later returned one because I was crazy for buying it.

While it's not foolproof, my rule for shopping is "if in doubt, don't". My other rule (for when the first rule fails me) is keep all receipts and tags in case I change my mind.
    Good advice, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    I think you need to start eating more and hitting the weights, as you really
    don't need much cardio, but 2 or 3 times a week, and maybe 3-4 times
    weights until it becomes a routine.

I was 166 Ibs at my lowest at 5'7, and i was pretty fit, but now tend to be
    around 170-175 and you seem to have more of a women's physique, which isn't good.

You shouldn't be around 125-135, because we tend to have more muscle,
    and at your height, you should be around 140-150 Ibs.
    Thanks! I am definitely getting a gym membership and eating better when I can afford both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast