+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is love worth it?

Is love worth it?

Is love worth it? That's my question.

This is something that i always wondered and every day that goes by, i believe in this more and more. I'm a very logical person, im very rational on thinking and to be honest, love is not worth the time, pain nor the suffering we go through.

In my opinion, love is like a drug, a drug that you experience without knowing but you will devolop an addiction from that drug, first we are all excited about meeting that person, bla bla butterflies on our stomach, when things start going alright we get so so so happy, its like we are in the top of the world, like NOTHING or ANYONE can bring us down, our life has a meaning, a reason we have something to wake up to and live, sounds pretty right? But there's a shadow.

I've always had the opinion that for us to be happy, we need to be happy for no reason, like a baby. Why? Because when we are happy for a reason that reason can be taken away from us, what happens if its taken from us? We slide from heaven to hell.

What really happens when that reason is taken from us, when that person that we truly love the person that we put so much effort is taken away from us? Our reason to be happy disappears, our world collapses, our life seems to have no meaning anymore, we hit rock bottom, we slide from heaven to hell. And that's where we live everyday, in Hell, we suffer and what do we become then? Nothing.

Why do we become nothing? Because the reason we were something is gone.

Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Anyway, i didnt even hit the 20's, i might find the person that connects me to the world, matter of fact in the start they always seem like they are that person, but there comes the shadow and we hit with our faces into the reality, and even if we find that person love is a cycle and we always suffer...

Quote Originally Posted by fklove View Post
    Is love worth it? That's my question.

This is something that i always wondered and every day that goes by, i believe in this more and more. I'm a very logical person, im very rational on thinking and to be honest, love is not worth the time, pain nor the suffering we go through.
    YOUR type of love isn't worth it. You have internet love where you suffer the pain but have no experience with the tangible wonderfulness that is real-time, face-to-face love. Come back and sing the blues when you actually know what "love' is and you've experienced the real thing.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The thread that i posted is just the last relationship, not the only one i had. I experienced love, face-to-face love and real-time love, trust me i did. But the outcome is always the same and it only has a name: Pain.

That's part of life....You learn and grow from each experience. It prepares you for marriage, who you choose to marry and how to maintain a relationship properly.

The thing is that it always ends, you always suffer, there's always pain...

I doubt i'd be one of these cases where i meet someone and i'll be together with her till my dying days...

I dont know how there's people who wanna be in love all the time, if i could only get out of this i'd be thankful

Well, love is a highly personal emotion. No one else can define it for you. It doesn't matter if it is worth it or not. You cannot buy it, and you cannot pay for it. You either feel it or you don't. Love is supposed to be a nice feeling.

The pain you are feeling is called grief. You feel grief because of loss. It is separate from love. If you feel pain because you have lost love, it is the grief that is causing you pain, not the love.

Allow yourself to feel love as much and as deeply as you can, but learn to deal with the grief.

Anyway, i didnt even hit the 20's, i might find the person that connects me to the world, matter of fact in the start they always seem like they are that person, but there comes the shadow and we hit with our faces into the reality, and even if we find that person love is a cycle and we always suffer...
    ...And this is why you feel this way.

What you're describing in your entire post isn't love at all... It's infatuation. A love that lasts a lifetime is between two people that COMPLIMENT each other's personalities- not define their personalities. When you build your entire world around someone and make them your universe, it's never going to end well. You need to be happy by yourself in order to be happy in a relationship.

I'd give a testicle and an arm for love. I'd probably even trade the ability to walk for it. I'd stop at loss of sight, though...But yes, love is the only thing that matters, really..

Think about it this way: You meet class-A jackasses in life and if you're a virgin single like me, they automatically win and are better people than you because they can get girls. Getting girls instantly means winning on a moral and social scale and only losers don't have someone to love! You wouldn't want that to happen to you, would you?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

To be honest being able to get many girls is nothing, i dont even go flirting with girls or anything they all come to me trying to get something with me, but the truth is, 99,9% of girls dont interest me, they might be beautiful, attractive whatever, but to be there must be something out of the common, something that calls my attention and when i finally meet a person like that i always get deceived...

Anyway, we dont chose with who we fall in love with, i wish we did...

I just wish i could find the one, the person that connects me to the world. In the beggining seems like i find her but then when they hurt me i realise they're not the one.

I realised something else, i think that when i love, i love to much and i shouldn't love people this much but its not in my control..

Stfu, getting many girls is one of the most Herculean tasks in human existence. And stfu again with your bragging; hook up with girls even if you don't like them. You owe it to guys like me who can't get any to use your favorable genetics.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Trust me... that's not what you want.

Hooking up with girls isn't what makes me happy, what would make me happy would be finding THE ONE and make her happy & her to me, but thats hard to find..

Anyways i wont find her anytime soon, the best things in my life always happend when i less expected so i know its not comming soon.

Oh yes, it's what I want! Need, matter of fact: can't get anywhere in life without a girl (or two or three or four)..

shut up yc. you dont even no what your on about. sorry not being mean-just saying but there is nothing cool about getting lots of people-its actually quite meaningless and pointless if theres no connection-thats what i think anyway.

OP your grieving right now so its ok to be cynical and feel like crap and believe love is a waste of time temporarily but focus on healing and have faith that love will come to you again, you will get over it and youll be happy.

when one door closes, another opens and you shouldnt let a few bad experiences turn you into a love hate. shit happens but each knock should make you stronger. learn from the bad experiences and figure ut what you want/dont want next time.

Lol, I know what I am talking about. Life isn't lived until one's had many partners! Meaningless and pointless is OK if one is having fun. Sure beats having nothing.

The thread that i posted is just the last relationship, not the only one i had. I experienced love, face-to-face love and real-time love, trust me i did. But the outcome is always the same and it only has a name: Pain.
    No, what you experienced was real-time and face-to-face infatuation. Love is different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast