+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is love worth it?

You sound like a Buddhist. Yes, obviously, attachment leads to suffering. Get a puppy now, you"ll suffer in 10-15 years when it dies. But what's the alternative in human existance? Locking ourselves in a room and meditating all day long?

Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. It is the emotional fuel. Human beings absolutely need it. From the moment they're born. It's a need as well as it's something beautiful that we live for. People should never give up on it. No matter how hard it gets.
    The fact that life is unpredictable, change is the only thing that is constant and attachment leads to suffering....those are just the facts of life.
    But our life is short. And there is nothing as thrilling and exciting as love. Nothing quite gets you the same feeling. Nothing can compare.

Except for cocaine. (I know, you gotta be now like wtf, an ode to love so far and then he brings up cocaine?)
    Well, it's true lol. It impacts the same parts of brain as love does.. Very pleasent at first. And addictive obviously.
    Cocaine and love have the same effect on brain. Bet you didn't know that. So think of it thisway, even if you suffer, you"ll suffer less than a cocaine addict. Go love then, right?

So those are your options, love or cocaine. Or Buddhist meditation.

In all seriousness, love is great. Impossible to describe. Except to those who also do cocaine lol.
    Last edited by Zaz01; 20-05-13 at 07:50 AM.

haha i laughed at the cocaine example but i see where you're comming from.

Talking about the dog, the dog my family had here at home for about 15 years died yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12